Daisiemae's Reviews > High Line

High Line by T.A. Chase

Feb 18, 2009

bookshelves: male-male-romance-erotica, books-read-in-2009, books-reviewed-in-2009, books-to-i-will-never-part-with, contemporary-romance, e-book, erotica, series-romance
Recommended for: TA Chase Fans
Read 2 times. Last read June 21, 2009.

When I found out that High Line by T.A. Chase is the second book in the Love of Sports series, I knew I had to immediately read it. I really liked Kasey’s story in the first book, Out of Bounds, and I hoped that I would enjoy read about Garrett, Kasey’s twin brothers, story as well. I had no problem loving this book. Honestly, I even enjoyed it more than Out of Bounds. I find myself hoping that he will continue writing more about these characters, because I really loved them all.

As expected, High Line has a very addictive and fast paced storyline. It was easy to care about Garrett and C.J. Plus, Kasey and Gram played a pretty strong role in it too. And things start to get real. Once again, T.A. grabbed my attention from the first Chapter and didn’t let up until I read the last word.

When Garrett and C.J. first meet, things might be going very well in their professional life, Garrett is a very famous Movie Star and C.J. is a popular NASCAR driver, but their personal life is turning into shambles. Garrett and his lover of several years are on the verge of breaking up, and C.J. is in the process of getting a divorce.

Garrett is about to star in a movie where he plays a race car driver, and C.J. has been hired to show him the ropes. In the short time they are together, they become tentative friends, and dance around the fact that they are attracted to one another. Right now, neither Garrett nor C.J. is ready or willing to allow their relationship to go any further.

It’s important to point out that C.J. is still firmly in the closet. Although he married very young, he carries a lot of guilt and shame because he hurt his wife since he is unable to live in denial of his sexual feelings toward other men any longer. He is not a cheater, nor has he cheated on his wife. He just can’t live this lie anymore because it’s eating him up inside. So I never had an issue with his behavior.

A year after Garrett and C.J. meet, C.J. has been outted as a homosexual to the public by his angry ex-wife. He has lost all of his NASCAR sponsorship deals and possibly his job. He is on the verge of becoming an alcoholic, and has reached a very low point in his life. When he and Garrett run into one another at a club, Garrett literally saves C.J. from making a terrible mistake (you’ll have to read it) and takes him home to help him out.

Garrett and his ex have had a very rocky breakup. Since he has been unable to save his ex from substance abuse, his decides to do what he can to help out C.J. They quickly get reacquainted and become fast friends.

As Garrett and C.J. fall in love, C.J. must face some difficult decisions ahead. Is he willing to risk everything to keep the love of his life?

How can anyone not love Garrett? His generous heart and loving spirit makes him loveable and easy to fall for. He shows C.J. what patience, friendship, forgiveness and love is all about. Watching them become friends, then lovers was truly a very loving experience.

I think this could be read as a stand alone book, but I highly recommend reading Kasey’s story, Out of Bounds, so you can get the full effect of the relationship that develops between the men. I loved all of them. I pray that this is not the end of their story. Maybe T.A. will take pity on us and write a 3rd book in the series! PLEASE!

Oh yeah, you’ll need to turn down the air. The sex in this book is HOT. I’ll never look at honey the same way, either. T.A. must have a thing for mixing food and sex. Not that I am complaining…whew! Just make sure you have a cold drink or fan handy when you read his books!

For those who are interested, TA has a great blog. Check it out at:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Line.

Finished Reading
June 21, 2009 – Finished Reading

Josh Excellent review, Shel

message 2: by JoJo (new) - added it

JoJo Great review

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked this one too. Fab review

Gabbi I love a great series. This looks like a great one to read. Great review, Daisie

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Sis!

Lindsay Awesome review, Dais. I need to read a good book after the last stinker I read! I'll be trying this series this week. Thanks for the info!

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Another great review D. =) It made me want to drop everything and pick up this series ASAP. Love the sports theme!

Shayne Fabulous review, Shell!
Honey is fun, but ohhhh so sticky...TMI, right?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I kept thinking about how messy that honey had to be . . .

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Chocolate syrup is the same way

Brenda (b) Shellie, You did a great job reviewing it.

Shayne Shawn wrote: "Chocolate syrup is the same way"

Hmmm...and HOW would you know this?! LOL

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Shayne wrote: "Shawn wrote: "Chocolate syrup is the same way"

Hmmm...and HOW would you know this?! LOL"

Ask Derek, LMAO

message 14: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Shawn wrote: "Shayne wrote: "Shawn wrote: "Chocolate syrup is the same way"

Hmmm...and HOW would you know this?! LOL"

Ask Derek, LMAO "

LOL...you naughty girl!

We prefer honey ourselves!

Informatively great review, Shell