Tiare's Reviews > Auracle

Auracle by Gina Rosati

did not like it
bookshelves: no, suffered-through, stand-alone, couldn-t-connect-with-characters

This book was awful. Plain and simple. The plot would have taken about 10 pages, but it was stretched out too much. Basically, Anna Rogen has the ability to "astral project" her soul can leave her body and travel anywhere in the world. Her friend advises her not to do it, but she does anyway. Her home life sucks, her dad is an alcoholic and pretty abusive, and her mom just keeps making excuses for him. Sounds interesting, right? Wrong. Her school's most awful bitch lures her weird friend to "the falls" and then falls off and dies, while Anna's soul is watching. Taylor then takes over Anna's body, and totally abuses it. The part I really hated way the way Anna could conveniently still talk to her friend, even though she was a bodiless soul. She could somehow be seen by him somethings, but not other times, and type on his computer? Lame. It just needed to happen for the story to progress. I have never stopped in the middle of a book (well, except for once when I foolishly attempted to read the unabridged version of King Arthur, but we'll just ignore that) but I basically skimmed the last 100 pages, until I got to the part where they resolved the whole body-take-over part. Do not be fooled by the beautiful cover, that's what drew me into the trap!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Auracle.

Finished Reading