Natalie Norwood's Reviews > Timespell

Timespell by Diana Paz

bookshelves: young-adult-paranormal

I'm going to begin this review by admitting that I am one of the lucky critique partners who read this book several years ago.

That being said, I truly love this book. I reread it last night for the umpteenth time, and I can honestly say it gets better every time I read it.

The story is told in three points of view—Julia, Angie, and Kaitlyn. I thought it would be difficult to differentiate between the three girls, but Diana does a wonderful job of giving them their own voices, which I think is very important in a Young Adult novel. I especially loved Julia’s quirky attitude and Kaitlyn’s tough exterior. Angie is the goody-goody of the novel, and I had more trouble connecting with her, but I think she rounds out the trio quite nicely.

I also loved the magic in this story. I’ve read numerous Young Adult novels that include time travel and magic, but Diana creates this entire world with just a few sentences. I enjoyed getting to watch the girls develop their powers while bonding with each other.

In short, I think this book is amazing from start to finish. Diana captures the history of the French Revolution with ease and infuses her writing with humor and beautiful imagery. The dialogue is often witty, and I laughed aloud several times while reading. Her characters are lovable, the plot is unique--and mysterious!--and I guarantee you'll love it =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timespell.

December 1, 2012 – Shelved
0.0% "Rereading! =)"
18.0% "starting ch5"
March 19, 2013 –
30.0% "Just finished ch9"
March 20, 2013 –
53.0% "Just finished CH18 =)"
Started Reading
March 22, 2013 – Finished Reading
June 4, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult-paranormal

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Diana Paz Thank you, Nat! I'm so happy you liked the changes and how it turned out! ~hugs~

Natalie Norwood <3 <3