Meg's Reviews > Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook That Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell

Feb 17, 2009

Read in January, 2009

Absolutely one of the most inspiring books I've read in QUITE some time - especially considering that it's basically a cookbook. And the subtitle is correct - it is a challenge to everything you "think" you know about nutrition. I'm a self-professed (other people think so too ;)) health nut, but this book really caused me to stop and THINK about the differences in what we might consider healthy, and what your body actually needs to function.

As a "recovering vegan", this book laid out some spectacular concepts - use milk (raw, fresh, and from a grass-fed source), butter (same), and eggs (predominately the yolks)... everything you've heard is bad for you, but tastes OH SO GOOD! ;)

Lots of good information, and has helped me to broaden my mind when it comes to food, and how I prepare it. If you're as into nutrition (or just want a reason to smear good butter on bread), you should take a look - it's definitely worth it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nourishing Traditions.