Maghon Thomas's Reviews > The Jealousy Glass

The Jealousy Glass by Gwen Perkins

3382002

bookshelves: fantasy, review-4-author

First, I will say my review will be a little all over the place. I realized after I started reading Jealousy Glass that it is book two of the series, and I haven’t read book one. BAD DOG! So things were a little complicated for me for a bit trying to understand the back story and the relationships between characters. I do however plan on getting book one so I can read it in order to understand a little better. Also, once you’re reading this book, you forget that you don’t know the nit picky details of the back story because it’s a really good read.

I loved that the story starts off with a bang. Right away, there’s this crazy event which causes the ship to wreck and the adventure begins. I thought that the writing was quite nice as I felt like I were on the journey with them. I’m not scared of water and I’m an excellent swimmer, but even I don’t know if I could do that.

I like the interactions between Felix and Asahel. They are trusting of each other, yet they disagree on things but it doesn’t ruin this friendship. Though some of those political issues can put a strain on anyone’s relationship the writing is really good. I would consider this a Fantasy, as the writing just feels that way. And there’s nothing like taking a journey through a fantasy world! I like the way the story unfolds and sometimes you think you know what’ll happen and then you get another surprise.

All in all, I really do want to read both books, in sequence, because if I liked the second book this much, even without the first, I bet I would LOVE them together I recommend this series to my fantasy and even urban fantasy fans. It’s a wonderful, magic filled world. I say go and get this series! 4 PAWS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Jealousy Glass.

Started Reading