Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy's Reviews > The Mistress

The Mistress by Tiffany Reisz

OK it is NOT my day... I tried to do a review 2x and both time I closed it by accident I physically can't do it anymore!

But I will say it is one of the best books (if you ignore that last few % of it)

Bravo, Tiffany Reisz for being such a clever book Dominatrix. If you know chess this book will be 2x as interesting I think but even being ignorant in the art of Chess I loved every second of it (again... ignoring those last few % at the end). Therefore I'm going to go with a 5star rating... but losing all the ++++++++ that I was adding on every time I highlighted in the book... just in case you wondering Kindle Highlights informs me it was 34 times.

Kingsley knelt down at Søren’s feet and rested his hand on Nora’s hip right under where she’d been kicked. They’d both been wounded for their sins, and both found their healing at his feet and in his arms.

My Soren

A world without Nora Sutherlin was a world without Søren. If the priest lost his Little One, especially if her death happened because of something Søren had done, no matter how inadvertently, it would mean his destruction. Søren couldn’t live in a world without Nora. Kingsley couldn’t live in a world without Søren. Her death would be like the sinking of a great ship. She would take them all down with her.

My Nora

It seems you have a pathological fear of making any definitive choices in your life. You flit from man to man and never completely commit to anyone. Once you make a decision, you don’t stick with it. You promised yourself to him,” she said, pointing at Søren, “and then you left him. You had another man in your life and you sent him away. Then you went back to my husband but you didn’t stay with him, either. Back and forth, back and forth.

My Kingsley

Money bought nothing in Kingsley’s world but a key to the front door. Once inside, they built their own kingdoms. Dominants with boring day jobs earned respect with the power they created out of their own dignity and desires. Exquisite submissives— male and female— who laid themselves out on the altar of sacrifice and sexuality in order to find themselves at someone else’s feet. Wesley always accused the people of her world of putting on costumes and playing dress-up. He had no idea that the suits and the ties and the beige pumps and navy slacks her people wore during the day were the real costumes that they shed when they came out after dark.

Know that love is giving yourself to someone else. Giving yourself to someone without losing yourself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mistress.

November 30, 2012 – Shelved
January 17, 2013 – Shelved as: series
May 3, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
July 30, 2013 – Started Reading
July 30, 2013 –
0.0% "Buddy Read starting today:\n http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1..."
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: loanable
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: dark
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: bdsm
July 30, 2013 –
2.0% " “And you’ll go to all this trouble for me...why?” Eleanor lifted her head a little higher and stared straight into his eyes. “Because there is nothing I wouldn’t do to protect you, Eleanor. Nothing I wouldn’t do to help you. And nothing I wouldn’t do to save you. Nothing.” \n \n Man can this man deliver a promise (I Hope!)\n \n "
July 30, 2013 –
3.0% " “My price is simply this—in exchange for my assistance, I only ask that you do what I tell you to do from now on”\n “Do what you tell me to do?”\n “Yes. I want you to obey me”\n “From now on? Like...how long?” And he smiled then and she knew she should have been afraid but something in that smile... It was the first time that night she felt safe\n “Forever” \n \n Its so twisted & yet so right when its for them"
July 30, 2013 –
4.0% " She’d been born strong and iron had sharpened iron. Submitting to a sadist had made her unbreakable. Becoming a Dominatrix had made her vicious. \n \n I swear my highlights are starting to merge together everything is so quote/status update worthy!\n \n [image error]"
July 30, 2013 –
4.0% "“Exactement. That’s why I say you can take some comfort in that threat. That’s why I know she’s alive and safe...for the time being. Le prêtre was in love with someone else at the time. But your fiancée was not the bitch my sister meant”\n “Who was she, then? Maybe we should talk to her” Kingsley turned on his booted heel and gave Wesley a gallant mock bow.\n “You already are, mon ami. The bitch...at your service”"
July 30, 2013 –
13.0% " A world without Nora Sutherlin was a world without Søren. If the priest lost his Little One, especially if her death happened because of something Søren had done, no matter how inadvertently, it would mean his destruction. Søren couldn’t live in a world without Nora. Kingsley couldn’t live in a world without Søren. Her death would be like the sinking of a great ship \n \n *WHAT A SAD LITTLE DOMINO EFFECT"
July 30, 2013 –
16.0% " “Mon Dieu, the entire vanilla world has taken over my house. Fine. Both of you stay. Have tea. Turn everyone in my house boring. If you need me I’ll be trying to find Nora if only to get rid of you two” \n \n Now that is an awesome temper tantrum!\n \n \n [image error]"
July 30, 2013 –
18.0% "OMG... Reason why he calls her LITTLE ONE...\n \n \n \n \n \n \n AAAAAAAH...\n "
July 30, 2013 –
20.0% " “Kingsley and Nora ignored your wall. I have to ask... what is the reward for getting past that wall of yours? Or is it a punishment?”\n “Both reward and punishment”\n “How so?”\n Father Stearns turned his head to her and the handcuffs popped open. At that moment their faces were so close together if she leaned in an inch they’d be kissing.\n “I fucked them” \n \n UH-OH CAREFUL THERE GRACE"
July 30, 2013 –
20.0% "This bitch is totally bat-shit crazy!\n \n "
July 31, 2013 –
21.0% " “I get her out” Kingsley said\n “You get her out?” Wes turned to Kingsley\n “You and what army?”\n “I don’t need an army”\n “What? Are you the French James Bond or something?”\n “Of course not. James Bond is vanilla”\n “I feel so much better now” Wes said\n “Kinky James Bond is going to rescue Nora. Thanks but maybe its time we get the cops involved” \n As much as I want to hate him, I just cant with this shit"
July 31, 2013 –
31.0% " “Our Nora has a magic pussy. It’s the opposite of the Bermuda Triangle. Lost men sail into it and then find themselves” \n \n \n "
July 31, 2013 –
32.0% " “Now I’m going to gag you. Don’t take it personally. It’s easier for me to orgasm if you aren’t talking my ear off the entire time”\n “Anything. Cut my tongue out. Just fuck me” \n \n Now I wonder does Michael like Griffin the chatterbox, or as a sub he has no choice in the matter lol\n \n "
July 31, 2013 –
33.0% "MY NEW FAVORITE PHRASE - DIGITAL PUSSY WORSHIP HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\n \n \n "
July 31, 2013 –
36.0% "Is anybody else thinking of Marie-Laure as a demented & psychotic version of Diane Sawyer with all these in-depth questions she's throwing at Nora?\n \n \n \n "
August 2, 2013 –
100.0% "WHAT\n \n \n THE\n \n FUCK\n \n WAS \n \n THAT\n \n \n ?!?!?!?!?!?!\n \n *throws a chair*"
August 3, 2013 – Shelved as: badass-hero
August 3, 2013 – Shelved as: romance-angst
August 3, 2013 – Shelved as: sex-equals-baby
August 3, 2013 – Shelved as: touch-of-murder-or-violance
August 3, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)

Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer* Girl we need to know!!

Laura Carson it's amazing!

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Laura wrote: "it's amazing!"

Does anybody die? Does Nora make her final decision on WHO she wants?

Laura Carson I can't tell you if anyone dies! lol. But yes, final decisions are made all around :) And I cried, multiple times, it's very intense.

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy ooooh COME ONE!... I want to know and I don't ant to know....

Laura Carson lol. Just be ready for a night of no sleep :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Laura wrote: "lol. Just be ready for a night of no sleep :)"

so... the 4 reviews that I need to write will wait another day lol

Kelena i`m so gonna read this one soon!

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Kelena wrote: "i`m so gonna read this one soon!
after finishing up with The Prince i didn't get much time to read anything and now after them status of your's I can't wait to have my hands on Soren ;)"

Oh it's an amazing read so far... go grab the book lock yourself up in a closet or w/e and read, read, read

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh !enjoy :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Karen wrote: "Ooh !enjoy :)"

Thanks Karen :)

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria Happy reading.Enjoy!:)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Sωαrηαηki wrote: "Happy reading.Enjoy!:)"

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Vika. sorry u lost it 2x's...that would make me nuts!!

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Stunning review Vika!!!

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Great Review Chickadee!! I love all of your casting!! PERFECTION!!! Sorry you had such a bad time with losing your reviews, I know that can make you just give up. Been there done that!! :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "great review Vika. sorry u lost it 2x's...that would make me nuts!!"

I wanted to cry the 2nd time as I spend over an hour writing it... and after the 2nd time I wanted to throw my computer out of the window.

So that will be my review *deep sigh*

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Christine The Dark Romance Junkie wrote: "Stunning review Vika!!!"

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Bk70lvr wrote: "The last %...ugh! Good review sweetie...love your character pics...♥"

Thanks hun! that's the best I could do after my loses lol

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fab review Vika! Love the little sneak peaks into the story :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Sandra wrote: "Fab review Vika! Love the little sneak peaks into the story :)"

Thanks Sandra :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Vilda wrote: "Love the review, Vika! I'm glad you loved it. :D (At least until the end!)"

hahaha yep... thank you :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Ooooh, hot review Vika! Sorry about the mishap! = /

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* I didn't know you posted your review! DAMMIT! Can't read it anyway because I am not done but I am very glad you loved it. x

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Ahhh don't worry it's not REALLY a review... as I lost my review... Effing 2x!!! so I gave up *sigh*... maybe some time later when I will eventually do another re-read or something... just this book... there is just so much to this book

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer wrote: "Ahhh don't worry it's not REALLY a review... as I lost my review... Effing 2x!!! so I gave up *sigh*... maybe some time later when I will eventually do another re-read or something... just this boo..."

Did you love it from the beginning? I am stuck at 40% :(

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Rosalinda wrote: "Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer wrote: "Ahhh don't worry it's not REALLY a review... as I lost my review... Effing 2x!!! so I gave up *sigh*... maybe some time later when I will eventually do..."

I like it... are you struggling with the Rooke parts? I loved the Queen parts and somewhat King

What bugging you my lover? lol

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer wrote: "Rosalinda wrote: "Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer wrote: "Ahhh don't worry it's not REALLY a review... as I lost my review... Effing 2x!!! so I gave up *sigh*... maybe some time later when I ..."

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Rosalinda wrote: "I don't know, it's like I can't connect with them anymore. I don't care about (view spoiler), I don't recognize Soren, I am liking Wes!!! Seriously, I am fucked up! "

ooooh ye... (view spoiler)

message 33: by Maria (new)

Maria Great review,Vika!:)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer wrote: "Rosalinda wrote: "I don't know, it's like I can't connect with them anymore. I don't care about (view spoiler), I don't recognize Soren, I am liking Wes!!! Seriously, I am fucked up! "

ooooh ye......"

Thanks, that gave me hope! Love ya x

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Sωαrηαηki wrote: "Great review,Vika!:)"

Thanks darling :)

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Rosalinda wrote: "
Thanks, that gave me hope! Love ya x"

Hope you will get into it... have you gotten to Nora's story time telling yet?

Thanks, that gave me hope! Love ya x"

Hope you will get into it... have you gotten to Nora's story time telling yet?"

Yep and that's pretty hot hehe

message 39: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Great review.

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy Mo wrote: "Great review."

Thanks Mo :)