Adriana's Reviews > Kiss Me Kill Me

Feb 17, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: ya-friendship, ya-social-situations-friendship-mys
Read in July, 2009

3.5 stars....I expected a bit more from this book, I was basically underwhelmed. The story is pretty out there, and not very plausible, even though it tries to be. It is set in England, but teens outside of London will have no trouble reading it. Scarlett attends a very posh school. She's a gymnast and has two best friends. They are not popular, but dream of being so. Plum is the most popular girl, and she has a troupe of mean girls that worship her and fear her. Scarlett has been crushing on Dan, and when the chance arises for her to attend a party where he will be (along with all of the popular kids), she doesn't hesitate to ditch her friends to run with the popular crowd. Then her and Dan kiss, he dies, and everyone blames her. She has to leave her school and the city for what up until now was an unknown school that her grandmother and guardian is the owner and headmistress of. I felt like the book was two different books, with the first half being about one girl, and the second half about another girl. It wasn't until page 202 that we learn that Scarlett's parents died when she was 5 years old. We knew they had died, but didn't know when or how exactly it happened. It's just very evident in the writing how the author purposely wrote about certain things with the utmost detail, and others she left very vague, and frankly that was annoying, not mysterious. Teens will eat this up, and the sequel too, and of course as soon as it gets returned to the library, I'll read it too just to find out what the heck happened to Dan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me Kill Me.