Cara's Reviews > The Feast of Roses

The Feast of Roses by Indu Sundaresan

Feb 17, 2009

Read in March, 2009

I liked this book even better than "The 20th Wife" (the first book about Mehrunissa and Jahangir.) THe author does an amazing job of blending fact and fiction. I liked this one better because this was really the love story; although Mehrunissa is powerful she is only so because Jahangir trusts her above all others and gives her opportunity to help him run the kingdom. I love the strong will of Mehrunissa and her determination to make a difference but her arrogance began to make her less likable about halfway through the book because of some of the choices she makes. Mehrunissa was a woman born before her time but I applaud her for trying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Feast of Roses.

07/01/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Vicar (new)

Vicar Sayeedi Thanks, Cara. Five stars is very exciting. I'm planning to read the entire trilogy and have recently been reading, "The Twentieth Wife."

The entire Taj Mahal series seem to be very good. I've been researching Mughal history for several years now so I'm very excited to read them.

I recently stumbled upon Sundaresan's series while publishing my new novel, "Legacy of The Peacock Throne" - a work of historical fiction about the lives of Shah Jahan and Mumtaz (Mehrunnisa's niece) - and I was taken by surprise to find another story about the same family/dynasty. Best wishes.

Vicar... (Goodreads Author)