Julia's Reviews > Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir

Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill

4197856

I've always been fascinated by the Secret Service. They are, in some was, the ultimate fly on the wall, experience history from an awesome viewpoint. However, I had never read anything about the Secret Service until this book. I think this book was engaging and approachable. It was not filled with lists of protocol and procedure, but rather a great telling of what it was like to build a relationship with one of the most iconic women of all time.

A quick read, this book captured a moment in time and brought two figures who have become extremely iconic back to the reality of their character, while clearly illustrating why they became the legends we know now. This is not a book full of sordid details, and is completely above the board when it comes to the information Mr. Hill shares about the lives of the Kennedys.

Overall, I highly recommend this book. It was a quick and enjoyable read that took you back to another time and place, while illustrating the fine line a Secret Service agent walks between protector, friend, and employee.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Kennedy and Me.

November 26, 2012 – Started Reading