Heather's Reviews > City of Bones

2040917
Feb 17, 2009

bookshelves: ya-reads, library, series
Read in September, 2008

Note: This review was written part-way through reading as an entry on my blog. The opinions haven't changed with completion.

I picked up the book at the library on Saturday (unsure whether I wanted to commit the $10 to purchase the paperback from my local big-box book retailer); I should have taken it as a sign that the book would be good--I had to go to three different branches of the Indianapolis/Marion County Public Library before I could find one with a copy on hand.

I started reading the book on Saturday (along with continuing my daily reading of 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel, finishing up White from The Circle Trilogy, and reading The Glass Castle for a class at school). I am stuffing this book into any little reading nook and cranny I can find, feaverishly reading because it's really that good. I'm a little under half-way through the book and there has already been major action (that starts pretty much on page 2), the blossoming of romances (that sets in relatively early as well), and betrayal of the deepest kind.

If you're a fan of either the Harry Potter or Twilight series, you'll enjoy this book. You might even find yourself saying, "Edward Cullen, what's so great about him?" If you've read the book (or are reading it right now), drop me a comment and let me know what you think. How does it compare to other series you have read?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.