Sarah's Reviews > With Every Letter

With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin

bookshelves: free-on-kindle, on-my-kindle, 2015-reads

Age Appropriate For: 15 and up for romance
Best for Ages: 15 and up

This year has not been a good one for me in my fiction selections. I have found some gems, but mostly I keep hitting mediocre or downright bad books. It has been almost enough to drive me to break my vow of not buying books this year. I decided to go back to some of the authors that I have loved. Sundin was one of them.

Wow! I cannot tell you quite how much I loved this book. I stayed up until midnight to finish it and sat awake for about a half-an-hour smiling and reliving parts of it before falling asleep. I actually cried while reading this book at one point, it was just that powerful.

One of the things I love about Sundin is her willingness to tackle hard issues. Not the things that the world calls ‘tough issues’ but the truly neglected issues of the heart that Christians like to ignore. Topics of friendship, redemptions, forgiveness, gossip and leadership were all covered. The overarching message, though, was one of living without a mask and taking a risk for friendship.

Mellie was such a wonderful character. I loved her to pieces and wanted to shake her at times. Yet she was so believable. Her flaws and her strengths made such a complete person that felt so real. Tom also felt very real. His struggle with leadership and doing what was right despite his past were so beautiful.

As always, Sundin did an awesome job with her settings. I always feel more educated after reading her books, for the historical things I learn are always in perfect harmony with the story. I look forward to learning more about the flight nurses while reading this series.

The romance was based on admiration of character, not physical attraction. It was such a wonderful break from the norm. The romance was very sweet and through letters for the most part, so based on character. Tom’s commitment to a girl he only knows on paper made me want to stand up and cheer. The kisses at the end were sweet, especially for how long the author made us wait for them.

I highly recommend this book for those who like romance, historical fiction, and faith-building stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Every Letter.

November 29, 2012 – Shelved
February 17, 2015 – Shelved as: free-on-kindle
February 17, 2015 – Shelved as: on-my-kindle
August 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 6, 2016 – Started Reading
October 6, 2016 – Shelved as: 2015-reads
October 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Faith I love this book SO much. The romance was adorable. :)