Kara's Reviews > The Summer My Life Began

The Summer My Life Began by Shannon Greenland

Nov 28, 2012

This YA Novel is a coming of age story about a girl, Em, who comes from a well to do family. Her life is planned for her, all she has to do is live it.

But shortly before she graduates high school she starts to think she might not want this bought and paid for life.

Along comes a card and note from an unknown aunt and with a little convincing she talks her parents into letting her spend a month at this aunts Bed and Breakfast on the ocean.

Em meets family she didn't even know existed, learns a lot about herself, and unravels a dark family secret setting her life on a new path.

I give this book 4 stars and recommend it for anyone 13 and over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer My Life Began.

Kara I won this book on a blog giveaway over the summer and finally got to it a few weeks ago.

I give this book 4 stars and recommend it for anyone 13 and over.