Jesse Kimmel-Freeman's Reviews > Veiled Mist

Veiled Mist by Eleanor T. Beaty

Veiled Mist is a book that by just looking at the cover you'd never guess what it's about. Which isn't a bad thing. This is the kind of book that has a little bit of mystery mixed it. I loved it. It is awesome to see the main character, Hanna, develop and grow. I want a Ornella in my life! And the dolls! What an awesome concept!

Eleanor does a great job at crafting this tale. Her character arcs are amazing and the reader can relate to them- something SO important when writing YA, something that sometimes gets forgotten! I love the magic elements that she's thrown in there. Her use of Gypsies is original- I've never heard of the Tribe. My family comes from Old Europe- yes, there is Gypsy blood in me, and I'm proud of that heritage! Eleanor nailed the rich teenager too, as well as the Knight in Shining Armor protecting his friend!

In short, I loved this book! I read it quickly- I read fast. I'd recommend it for a lot of different people- it doesn't just sit stagnant in one genre preference. I think anyone that likes paranormal aspects would like it, anyone that likes teen love, witches, dark fantasy, fantasy, the list goes on. In short, you should just give it a try and find out if you like it! I think you will!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veiled Mist.

Finished Reading