Eva Leger's Reviews > Margaux with an X

Margaux with an X by Ron Koertge

Feb 14, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: b-fiction, y-a
Recommended to Eva by: I forget where I found out about this book - probably here on GR
Recommended for: I honestly do not know

I finally finished this last night. I'm in the dark as to what to say about Margaux With an X. I think it's a good possibility that because I had so much going on when I was in the beginning of the book it really affected my reading.
I think I liked Margaux and I'm pretty sure I liked danny. I liked their relationship - it was different and Koertge portrayed that it's okay to go against the norm with that. You probably couldn't find a high school anywhere in America where a girl like Margaux and a guy like Danny find each other and let the relationship take off. I enjoyed that part a lot.
I think I would have prefered to know Margaux's secret sooner. That may be only because I read a lot of mis-lit and in those books the abuse is well known and known right in the beginning in most cases. Even though this is a totally different book that carried over for me I think. Instead of suspense I just felt impatience.
I am going to add two others books advertised in the back of this book though - it's obvious Koertge knows what he's doing with a pen and I'd like to try another.... hopefully at a time when my life isn't going crazy. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Margaux with an X.

February 14, 2009 – Shelved
February 14, 2009 – Shelved as: b-fiction
September 12, 2009 – Shelved as: y-a
June 12, 2010 – Started Reading
June 12, 2010 –
page 1
0.57% "hopefully this will be better than the last YA I read..."
June 15, 2010 –
page 43
June 15, 2010 –
page 43
June 16, 2010 –
page 168
95.45% "this is okay - nothing hitting me real hard.... I don't know how I feel yet about how the author is trying to use lesser known words...."
June 16, 2010 – Finished Reading
June 17, 2010 –
page 176

message 1: by bjneary (new)

bjneary I liked this book and I am a Ron Koertge fan too!

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 3 stars

Eva Leger Oh good! I just read a book I wasn't liking much so I'm really hoping this is better. That gives me hope because I find so many YA books from your updates so I know my taste in that genre is similiar to yours. Thanks for telling me!