Kristin's Reviews > Nuclear Jellyfish

Nuclear Jellyfish by Tim Dorsey

Feb 14, 2009

did not like it
Read in February, 2009

Ok, I didn't finish it, but there's no category for "Didn't finish this book because it really made me ill." I used to love the character Serge. He was strange, slightly psychotic, yet funny. He had his quirks, like we all too. Yes, at times he went a little too off the edge, but it was something we could deal with. If you could deal with Boondock Saints, you could deal with Serge. Do you see where I'm going with this? Serge was a Floridian Robin Hood - in a warped way, he was getting rid of the evil in a bizarre way, with extremely funny twists of the story and lots of interesting Floridian history thrown in along the way. Hot dang, that's one run-on sentence!

This book just burst in with Serge's psychotic killing side right away. Boring. And his side-kick's drug side. Boring. I'm sure there are people out there that love that about Serge, but I'm not one of them. Oh well. Sorry Tim, you've lost a fan.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nuclear Jellyfish.

Ashley This is my first time reading a Tim Dorsey novel, and didn't even know that Serge was a recurring character until reading your review! I was pretty baffled by him, initially, wondering why on EARTH he was a main character. Like you said, the book bursts in with Serge's psychosis. I initially didn't like him.

I do like Serge now for the reasons you list, it just took a really long time to get me there because, like you, I need to see his character and not his psychosis.

Glad to know that I can get better Serge in another one of Tim Dorsey's novels! Thanks for this review