Erin's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Nov 25, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, physical-copy

Dear Lord, this book was sweet sweet perfection! So sad it's over!

ALL THE TID FEELS THOUGH, SERIOUSLY
Everytime anything from TID was brought up I was in freakin tears!

I'm just gonna review this by discussing the amazingness of the characters...

Clary I really don't understand the people who hate Clary. I get she's made some rash decisions, especially starting out in the series, but I always respected her decisions because they were ones that she made with good intentions, to help the people she loved. I have always loved Clary and she did not disappoint in this book.

Jace I have always loved Jace, and my love for him only grew stronger with CoHF. I'm so glad he decided to be a Herondale, because the Herondales are nothing short of perfect.NOTE!! I was weirded out by the condom thing...but I'm sure there's some good explanation somewhere as to how and why he had one on him in a DEMON REALM...HA!

Simon *gross sobbing* we all know and love Simon for his sarcasm and overall adorableness, but he was so brave and wonderful in this book and I couldn't believe it when (view spoiler)

Izzy Bold brave beautiful and badass as always, this woman is perfect and I loved seeing a more vulnerable side to her in this book. That is all that needs to be said about Izzy :)

Alec man this book really made me change my entire view of Alec. I know everyone has been all about the Malec, but as much as I adored/love/worship (and still adore/love/worship) Magnus, I have had a very hard time liking Alec. He was so angry and grumpy and may have had his reasons but I could not get myself to like him. but THIS BOOK. I found myself laughing out loud to many things he said and though it took me til book 6, I have officially fallen in love with Alec :)

I also wanna make a quick note about Maia. Is it just me, or was anyone else really bothered by Maia in this book? I really liked her but after the (view spoiler) thing, she just really irritated me. I mean, I appreciate her for the role she played in the book but at the same time I was pretty mad at her and I think I still kind of am...but idk I may just be overreacting!

TDA characters I will admit, after seeing that Clare was going to write another series (TDA) I was worried. I was worried it wouldn't be as amazing as TMI or TID, but after CoHF, any concerns I've had have shot out the window. I fell in love with every single future TDA character in the friggin prologue. I. CAN'T. WAIT. Also, if Tessa and Zachariah are going to be in TDA at all, I may very well die...

Speaking of Tessa and Zachariah, I'm gonna throw Magnus in this group here and discuss quickly how much I love these three. They are all so wise and so strong and just so wonderful that I can't convey even into my usual mediocre words how I feel about these three, so I'm not gonna even try!

ALSO I FEEL I NEED TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO JESSAMINE FREAKIN LOVELACE OMG JUST I CAN'T EVEN WITH THAT WHOLE PROTECTION THING I CRIED LIKE A BITCH I LOVE MY TID BABIES MORE THAN I WILL EVER LOVE ANY OTHER SHADOWHUNTERS EVER! If there is anyone out there reading this review who hasn't read TID, you're gonna need to get on that right away because it made CoHF THAT much better when it was referenced

And here's another shout out for Mr. Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern. I may not have been as upset (view spoiler)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

November 25, 2012 – Shelved
May 27, 2014 – Started Reading
May 27, 2014 –
page 109
15.03% "Oh how I've missed TMI!!"
May 27, 2014 –
May 29, 2014 – Shelved as: favorites
May 29, 2014 – Finished Reading
February 15, 2015 – Shelved as: physical-copy

message 1: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela I sympathise with the TID overload :')
As for (view spoiler)