Anushka's Reviews > Infinityglass

Infinityglass by Myra McEntire

bookshelves: ya, fantasy, liked-it, worth-the-hype

Way to finish a series!

Mostly in trilogies we've noticed the order goes from Awesome to Awful, mostly last books disappoint us but not here. Nuh-uh.

In Hourglass series the case was completely opposite. Hourglass, the first one was an okay to good book with a very different concept but it just didn't do the trick, there was something missing. But a friend told me to continue the series and read the 2nd book, Timepiece, so I did. And it was bloody amazing. It was narrated by a different character - who also is my favourite in the series. Kaleb <3
So, of course I was very excited to read the third book which again saw a change of narrator in a different setting which involved crossover of the previous characters towards the end. I was a bit sad about this in the beginning but Ms. McEntire made up for it. Once I got engaged in the book, I didn't even think about others even for a second.

I am shocked that I loved this book.

I can't believe it, it's been so long since I've actually loved a YA book. This book was simple – good characters, solid plot, cute love story, well planned climax, great ending. There, that’s all it takes to write a valuable YA book and Infinityglass delivered on every level. A teeny tiny thing that I did not like was the writing. It’s fairly good but in some places, especially where the characters tried to describe an event, the language and phrases jumped out at me, they didn't seem very refined.

Infinityglass is not an explosion of a book which will make you forget everything in the world. It’s plain and simple yet very charming. Same as its 2nd book, Timepiece. I read it long back so I can’t pick which one I liked more but if I ever re-read it, I think I would pick that one because….it’s Kaleb. Come one, guys. It’s Kaleb we’re talking about.

The concept of this series is so weirdly different and when I first read the book I was scared if the author would be able to carry it out properly, turns out, she could. I think if she's willing, she can create a bigger universe using this subject because I swear it's very offbeat, even resembles X-Men a little bit but it still is very distinctive on its own and it has the capability of turning into something far bigger and better.

At the end, I recommend this series to all of you who are hunting for a light, fluffy YA series to read because it’s very hard to find one in today’s date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Infinityglass.

Quotes Anushka Liked

Myra McEntire
“This girl was so authentic she probably had a trademark stamped on her ass.”
Myra McEntire, Infinityglass

Myra McEntire
“I am super awkward at social situations in general, and there's some major stuff going down, so I'm not going to hold to any sort of societal standard, and I'm just going to pretend like we've known each other long enough to say what's on our mind, and I hope that's okay.”
Myra McEntire, Infinityglass

November 24, 2012 – Shelved
January 23, 2013 – Shelved as: ya
May 17, 2013 – Shelved as: fantasy
November 8, 2013 – Started Reading
page 1
0.34% "This series is pretty cool (2nd book, to be more precise) I wish more people would read it.\n Check it out, people. :)"
page 65
22.18% "Dear Allegiant,\n \n THIS is how dual POV is done.\n \n Sincerely, Infinityglass \n \n I did not expect this book to be so awesome from the first page itself!"
page 170
58.02% "I'm reading this at a rate which clearly indicates how book-deprived I have been for the past few months. \n Gosh, I love being home and have a read-a-thon! <3"
November 8, 2013 – Finished Reading
November 9, 2013 – Shelved as: liked-it
November 9, 2013 – Shelved as: worth-the-hype

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by JJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

JJ agreed. Timepiece was my favorite out of the first two. Who narrates Infinityglass?

Danica Dune and a girl named Hallie narrate this book.