Jill's Reviews > Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

We can be good Bible study girls and still not be living out the truths we are studying. Why? Because it’s easy to study but often difficult to apply the hard truths to our life that God serves up in the Scriptures. In “Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl,” Lysa Terkeurst offers a solution to the endless studying without application. It won’t be easy and will involve looking deep inside yourself for the reasons we act the way we do and the desire to turn away from our flesh.
If you are yearning for a deeper relationship and adventure with Christ, read Lysa’s book and let her openness and honesty transform your Bible study. Let her walk you through trying to be good enough, making your devotions more exciting, ridding yourself of envy, dealing with your struggles, learning to be yourself and finding God in unlikely places.
As a final send-off, Lysa challenges readers to pray dangerous prayers—those prayers that force you to put yourself and your desires, prejudices and feelings aside and open yourself up to God’s heart, mind and will.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from a contest. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl.

November 24, 2012 – Started Reading