Rhonda's Reviews > Playing the Part

Playing the Part by Darcy Daniel

bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary, contemporary-romance, disability, favorites, favourites, audible

This was a wonderful book filled with amusing moments along with moving moments. The main characters both have things from their pasts they need to overcome and the writer does a great job of slowly healing them both. I love stories set in small country towns and this once certainly didn’t disappoint.

Anthea is different than most heroines simply because she’s a little difficult to empathise with at the start. She’s a bit of a spoiled brat, but once she starts her research on Cole’s farm, she changes into a really great person who I could get behind and root for.

Cole is one of the best hero’s I’ve ever encountered in a romance. He’s flawed in more way than one, but he doesn’t let his physical disability stop him from doing what he needs to do to earn a living. I thought a blind hero might make me want to feel sorry for him, but that never happened. He’s strong and independent and the writer has done a great job of making me want him for myself!

I would love to see this adapted for the cinema, it would make an excellent movie.

Overall, I highly recommend this book and am looking forward to the next one by Darcy Daniel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing the Part.

November 23, 2012 – Shelved