Suzanne Earley's Reviews > The Archived

The Archived by Victoria Schwab

bookshelves: 2013-publication, 2013, fantasy, ibooks, young-adult, favorites, january-2013

I have read 19 books in January, and this is the first that is going on my Favorites shelf. And I have really enjoyed a lot of the books I've read this month.

This was SO good. A great strong main character, who is not without flaws. Interesting and unique premise that I thought was explained well, in just enough bits to keep me reading, but not in infodumps that were boring.

The secondary characters were also quite fascinating, and even though there is some love interest (and 2 boys), this was not a love triangle (thankfully). I was totally on board with how Mac was feeling about all of her relationships, and definitely have a new book crush in Wesley.

The mystery was well done and I did NOT see the solution coming at all. In retrospect, there was one moment when I wondered...but I shook it off. Silly me.

I'm trying to think if I have any quibbles to share, and I can't think of any. At all.

I'd also like to say thank you to the author for making this a complete story without a big honking cliffhanger at the end. Is the door open for further stories? Absolutely. There was a lot left unresolved in terms of relationships, and maybe even the aftermath of what resulted from the mystery itself, but I am not left hanging -- I'm getting tired of that. It does appear that this is first in a series, and I will definitely read whatever comes next.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Archived.

November 23, 2012 – Shelved
November 25, 2012 – Shelved as: 2013-publication
January 30, 2013 – Started Reading
January 30, 2013 –
January 30, 2013 –
28.0% "Oh, this is such an interesting premise! Enjoying very much!!"
January 31, 2013 – Shelved as: young-adult