Blodeuedd Finland's Reviews > The Emperor's Conspiracy

The Emperor's Conspiracy by Michelle Diener

1962503
Nov 23, 2012

bookshelves: historical-fiction

It started so good..and yes it continued to be that good! :D

It was a nice mix of historical fiction, suspense, mystery and romance. Charlotte the heroine was no simpering miss of the ton. She used to live in the slum, daughter of a whore, worked as a chimney sweep but was saved by a nice lady and raised as her ward. While still be connected to the underworld. Oh yes I loved that premise at once.

In this story there is a mystery too. Gold smuggled out of England and a Lord who tries to figure out the plot. A Lord who become the romantic interested of our cool heroine. As he is not one of those silly Men of the ton who wants her dowry and are all talk. And it works, because they do not fall at once, they do not even like each other at once. It's a story that will take time.

A good mystery, evil guys, flirting and the underworld. Yes that other thing I liked. She has an old friend, Luke who is now a crime boss and it just brought something new and very fresh to it. A woman torn between two worlds, dividing loyalties and a plot that kept it going. It was a book that was hard to put down, easy to read and suddenly I had read it and wanted more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emperor's Conspiracy.

November 23, 2012 – Started Reading
November 23, 2012 – Shelved
November 23, 2012 –
page 30
8.93% "A really good start to this book"
November 23, 2012 –
page 150
44.64% "I hope it keeps being this good and it will get a 4:)"
November 24, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 1, 2013 – Shelved as: historical-fiction

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy I have this on hold at the library. So glad to see you enjoyed it. I really liked the Parker and Susanna books.

Blodeuedd Finland It was even better than the Parker and Susanna books :)