Jennifer Johnson's Reviews > The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro

Feb 12, 2009

liked it

Whether she's talking about her QVC addicted mother, (OH PLEASE GOD let Laurie write a novel about her mom some day), nights when you can stretch your last 13 dollars in the whole world to get you drunk, or about the gynocologist, she's cracking you up. Laurie and I share a similar wit, highly synical, and reading this book, like her others, is like chatting and laughing with an old friend.

While I really enjoyed this book, and there were some really, really funny essays, (the one about sex ed is AWESOME... and I ended up reading it to husband), I did find that I didn't like this book as much as the other two that I read. (But that's like comparing ice cream flavors- ultimately all ice cream is GOOD... some are just favorites because they appeal to you a little more.) This book has a slightly depressing under tone, especially when she's talking about her not-so-great neighborhood, and I found that after a while I was hoping she'd talk about something else. With that being said, I still really enjoyed these books, and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a quick, funny read. I'm giving the book a 7/10- I guarentee that you'll laugh out loud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club.