Robert's Reviews > Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 Unleashed

Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 Unleashed by Michael Noel

it was ok
bookshelves: it

I was disappointed that this book was more focused on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) than Windows SharePoint Services (WSS). I also believe it includes things that shouldn't be included in a SharePoint book like Windows Services Update Server (WSUS), Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) setting up a VPN etc. Given they are all applicable in some way to a SharePoint installation I believe if the book is about SharePoint it should be focused in SharePoint.

Also like many books on SharePoint I felt that this book simply covered what is in the menu options without venturing further beyond. Again, like many other books on SharePoint I believe that it has attempted to cover too much material and as such doesn't get to the depth that would make it a worthwhile read.

In summary I would only rate this as an average book on SharePoint but below par if you were only looking at Windows SharePoint Services (WSS). I think many of these type of book about SharePoint need to go ito more detail about actually creating content to solve a problem. Even if it is only as an example it greatly improves the readers knowledge of the product, rather than simply working through all the menu options.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 Unleashed.