Sandra's Reviews > The Edge of Never

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

“I think if past lives are real then we have been lovers in every single one of them. I've known you for a short time, but I feel like I've known you forever.”

Love is indeed a special thing.
After reading The Edge of Never, I realized that love comes indeed when you least expect it.
If you’d ask me to describe this book in one word, I wouldn’t be able to.
I don’t think one word could grasp the beauty that I have found in this book.
It is very rare that you’d encounter such a book that would touch your heart in more ways than one.

The Edge of Never first follows Camryn Bennett as she takes a bus out to nowhere to think. A lot has happened to her and she feels that she needed a break from it all. So she sets off on her own, took a bus to Idaho with no clear plan on what she was going to do when she reached her destination.

On the way she meets Andrew Parrish. Andrew may seem like an outgoing and carefree guy at first glance. He was like the type of guy whom you’d think never faced a problem in his life. But behind all of that, he had some serious issues too just like Camryn.

Together they face the unknown as they head off on a road trip. A meaningless journey at first, but in the end turned out to be what both of them needed.

Gosh! Just writing this review brings tears to my eyes. No exaggeration on this one I tell you. This book was just amazingly beautiful. It was so perfect to me! I was so DAMN PERFECT!

I finished this book last Sunday night. Towards the end, I was so happy that things were going the way I wanted it to be and all of a sudden BOOOOOOMMMM everything that I hoped for to happen just started crumbling down. This shit happened during the last few pages and I started to cry and cry until my mom woke up and this is exactly how our conversation went:

I just couldn’t explain to her why I was crying. She left me to my misery and went to bed. I cried some more before I picked up where I left off and imagine my surprise! I was like “Holy SHIT! That was the BEST ENDING EVER!” I could not believe this story ended the way it did. It was just the perfect ending to the perfect story.

I would also like to say how much I love Camryn and Andrew. Yeah you got it right Camryn and Andrew. Not just Andrew. But of course, Andrew will always have my body, soul and everything else my heart! ^^, But yeah I do love them both. They were complex, flawed and very real characters. You might run into one Camryn or Andrew on one of your bus rides who knows? I would DEFINITELY sit beside an Andrew when I see one. Hahaha. Just kidding. But I do hope I run into one someday. ^^,

I liked Camryn. She was a little bitter and uptight. But who could blame her right? After all the shit that happened to her life she has the right to be bitter. I could relate to her more than I have ever been with any book character. I could feel her pain because I was there in her position before. I felt that kind of pain. I felt that kind of loneliness and emptiness. I wish I could go on a road trip like her for a while just to take my mind off some things but I couldn’t. Also, there is this part of her that does everything that she is told because it is what is expected of her. I could relate to that too. I am pretty hopeful that someday, someone would also make me feel alive. Someone who would make me feel like there is so much more to life than this. I want my own ANDREW!!! ^^, Before I move on to Andrew, I have to share with you guys a picture of how I imagined Camryn looks like:

*hot isn’t she? :p*

Now, here’s the LOVE OF MY LIFE! ANDREW! Yes, you got it right? I have another book boyfriend so suck it up! Hehehe. But seriously this guy has been amazing! I just don’t know where to start with this guy. From the moment I read about his green eyes and his insane love for music, he already got me. HEAD OVER HEELS! Mind you that was just the beginning! There was more. Oh my GOODNESS! That dimpled smile. That sexy laidback aura that he has. That rock hard abs. That f*cking tattoo that I want to see for real! OH GOD TAKE ME NOW!!! But all joking aside, this guy is really amazing. He was a sensitive soul that does not want to burden anyone else around him. He grew up hiding how he feels because that was what their father told them. There was so more to this guy than the gorgeous dimpled face, the abs and that Ooohhh sooo Gooooodd ***** I’ll leave something for you guys to imagine. So in my eyes, Andrew should look about somewhat like this guy down here:

*Makes me all wet hyped already looking at him! Isn’t he just gorgeous?!*
OH AND BY THE WAY HE’S ALSO:

CAMRYN + ANDREW = SEXY TRUE LOVE

These two kids are so wild it was just crazy! I couldn’t even concentrate on what I was reading because of all that talk and actions and all that crazy shit that I so love! JEEEZZZ! If you guys are thinking that this is sort of an innocent book, then you are in for a surprise!
They had a little of this:

AND MORE OF THIS:

These two can’t keep their hands off each other after the uhhhmm.. Well I don’t want to give out spoilers. Hahaha.
I’m sure you guys saw the pictures. This book has tons of mature contents that may not be for everyone especially teens younger than 17 so just a caution. 

Okay so this would be the last leg of my review because apparently it’s getting way too long already and I have to sleep because I have work tomorrow. Anyways, I just want to share with you guys a lovely song from One Republic. It’s called Stop and Stare. I’ll just share the first stanza so if ever you’re interested in hearing it, just youtube it. Here is goes:

This town is colder now, I think it's sick of us
It's time to make our move, I'm shakin' off the rust
I've got my heart set on anywhere but here
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
Steady hands, just take the wheel...
And every glance is killing me
Time to make one last appeal for the life I lead

FINAL WORDS
Camryn and Andrew both have struggles and fears.
But they were able to both overcome it because they had each other.
Sometimes, what you really need is someone who will be there to hold your hand when you feel alone, to hug you and tell you everything is alright.
This story inspired me.
It made me believe that someday I’m going to meet that guy. That someone out there is waiting for me too.
Maybe on one of the buses I’ll be riding, he’ll be there, with loud music blaring on his ears, waiting for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Never.

November 21, 2012 – Shelved
December 4, 2012 – Started Reading
December 4, 2012 –
0.0% "Here it goes. :)\n I've heard a lot of good things about this so I definitely have to get my hands on it. :p"
December 5, 2012 –
4.0% "Why are you so guarded Cam?"
December 7, 2012 –
25.0% ""Do me a favor if you don't mind."\n \n I've piqued his curiosity and he cocks hos chin a little to one side. "Alright. What kind of favor? Is it sexual?" His dimples deepen as his devilishly handsome lips starts to curve.\n \n *swoon.swoon.swoon. i want to meet an Andrew in one of my bus rides too!*"
December 8, 2012 –
55.0% "What the f*ck Andrew? You have been so holding out on me!!!\n \n \n \n Sweet Heavens! My room just got a hotter with all that touching and aheeemmm ***\n \n \n \n You are one sly devil Andrew! *swoon*"
December 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)

Airah ♔ Enjoy the ride! :)

Sandra Oh definitely! :)

message 3: by Jalyn (new) - added it

Jalyn How far into it are you? I want to read this one too if you haven't finished yet and would like to buddy up! :)

Sandra I just kind of started it. :) If you want we could read it together. :)

Airah ♔ You started reading this! HAHA. Would definitely want to know what you think of this book Sandee!

Sandra haha! :) i'm like 25% off on this book and I'm already liking Andrew!! :p

message 7: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I read this pretty much in one sitting last week. It was great! I adore Andrew. It is a new favorite book boyfriend.

Sandra Just one sitting?! That's is awesome. I wish I could do that right now. Unfortunately, work gets in the way. :)
I am liking Andrew a lot already. He's kind of got this quirky vibe. I like the way he thinks. :)

Airah ♔ Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "haha! :) i'm like 25% off on this book and I'm already liking Andrew!! :p"

You should! He's my greatest swoon-worthy hero so far! ;) I'd like to meet a carefree guy like Andrew for real!

Sandra Who wouldn't? :p I wish I'll get to sit beside someone like him when I commute to work. Hahaha. Wishful thinking! :p

message 11: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I read it on a Friday night. And stayed up way too late!

Sandra I'll try to finish it by tomorrow. :)
Have you read the Sea of Tranquility yet?

message 13: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Nope, haven't gotten to that one yet. I think Find You in the Dark is my book up.

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) I am loving The Edge of Never and The Sea of Tranquility one of my absolute favorites!!!

Sandra Joy wrote: "Nope, haven't gotten to that one yet. I think Find You in the Dark is my book up."

I'll check on that too. :)
I heard its pretty good. :)

Sandra Nicole wrote: "I am loving The Edge of Never and The Sea of Tranquility one of my absolute favorites!!!"

Hey Nicole! I am going to start Sea of Tranquility right after this one! :)
How is that one good? :p
I'm going to read that one for a buddy read. :)

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) I read it in one day and yes I do work but I just could not put it down - it was simply a great read - I cried at the end of the book and quit simply a beautiful story. Its a story that stays with you. IT is emotional made me laugh, cry, get angry and everything in between. Hope you like it. Happy reading!

Sandra Nicole wrote: "I read it in one day and yes I do work but I just could not put it down - it was simply a great read - I cried at the end of the book and quit simply a beautiful story. Its a story that stays with ..."

Oh you're already done! :p I checked your profile and saw that it was still on your currently reading shelf. Assumed your not yet done! :p
But so far I am enjoying it. :)

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Nicole wrote: "I read it in one day and yes I do work but I just could not put it down - it was simply a great read - I cried at the end of the book and quit simply a beautiful story. Its a story t..."

Sorry I thought you were talking about The Sea of Tranquility! not the edge of never.Done with it. I read it last weekend. I am thinking my profile is lagging behind from nook to website. Bummer for me!

Sandra Hahaha. Its okay. Is your Nook okay? I mean do you think its better than kindle?

I'm gonna be starting the sea of tranquility right after this so I am wishing to finish this soon! This book has a slow start doesnt it?

Nicole (Desperate for a Good Read) Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Hahaha. Its okay. Is your Nook okay? I mean do you think its better than kindle?

I agree slow start I know it has to pick up soon- we are at similar spots. The reviews for this were all crazy good - so I am hoping for crazy good.
I LOVE my nook but since it is all I have had I have nothing else to compare it to. Not sure if that is good or bad :-)

Sandra Hahaha. It's fine. I only have my kindle too. I can't really complain except it doesn't read anything aside from awz, mobi and pdf. hahaha.

Yeah my friends here in GR has been telling me to get to this soon so here I am. :p
But I guess they're right because I'm liking it already.

message 23: by Jalyn (new) - added it

Jalyn Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "I just kind of started it. :) If you want we could read it together. :)"

I'm sorry I missed this post! I would have liked to read it with you, but I'm glad you liked it. That's just more incentive for me to read it :)

Sandra Hehehe. :) It's okay Jalyn! It just keeps getting better and better. :P

Airah ♔ Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Who wouldn't? :p I wish I'll get to sit beside someone like him when I commute to work. Hahaha. Wishful thinking! :p"

And go to a blissful roadtrip instead of going to work? Now, what would happen to your future? ;)

I see you belly dancing on streets! LOL not bad, if you're with a hot guy like Andrew though!

Sandra I wouldn't mind. :p if i had a guy like Andrew in my future I would take the risk! hahaha.
Just kidding. :)
But if he does ask me to belly dance, I wouldn't mind either. Hahaha.

Debra I completely understand the feeling, Sandee! So glad you loved the story!! :)

Sandra Yeah. :p I'm trying to make my review now. I seriously don't know what to say. Hahaha. It kinda punched me in the stomach near the end but glad to hear it wasn't as tragic as The Fault in Our Stars. :)

I totally loved it. :)

♥ Sarah SooooOoo good, wasn't it?? :) Ahh I can't wait to read your thoughts on this one!

Sandra So f*cking good it was UNBELIEVABLE! :)
I'm drafting my review now as we speak. Hahaha.
And its really REALLY long! hahaha.

Annie Brewer LOVE this book so damn much! Andrew is definitely a top boyfriend. Love him to pieces. And Cam was amazing!!!!!!

Sandra Annie wrote: "LOVE this book so damn much! Andrew is definitely a top boyfriend. Love him to pieces. And Cam was amazing!!!!!!"

I know! :)
Thank goodness someone practically forced me to read this book!
It was amazing! One of the best ever! It beat The Fault in our Stars for me and Fall Guy in so many ways!

Airah ♔ Love your review Sandee! This book just took my breath away! It's that awesome! And we just can't help but gush about Andrew! He's amazing!

Annie Brewer Hahahaha I LOVE your review. It was EVERYTHING I felt. I was numb for a week after reading this spectacular, fantastic, AMAZING story. I read it twice, back to back and cried and cried and cried some more. God, Andrew is PERFECT!!!

Annie Brewer Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Annie wrote: "LOVE this book so damn much! Andrew is definitely a top boyfriend. Love him to pieces. And Cam was amazing!!!!!!"

I know! :)
Thank goodness someone practically forced me to read this..."

No way, it beat the Fall Guy?? I remember you practically drooling over that book. And you told me to read it now and that the guy was better than *gasp* Daemon and *gasp* Ash. LOL But I agree, Andrew was PERFECTTTT!!!!!!!! Love him so freakin much!

Sandra Annie wrote: "Hahahaha I LOVE your review. It was EVERYTHING I felt. I was numb for a week after reading this spectacular, fantastic, AMAZING story. I read it twice, back to back and cried and cried and cried so..."

Thanks Annie! :) I actually finished this Sunday and it took me a while before I was able to collect all my thoughts and feelings about this brain-f*cking books! Hahaha. Sorry for my profanity! But I just can't help it. Hahaha. :) I am so in love with this!

Airah ♔ wrote: "Love your review Sandee! This book just took my breath away! It's that awesome! And we just can't help but gush about Andrew! He's amazing!"

Oh yeah girl! :) Andrew Andrew Andrew! It was just really awesome! I'm glad I read it.

Sandra Annie wrote: "Sandee (loves Ash and Daemon) wrote: "Annie wrote: "LOVE this book so damn much! Andrew is definitely a top boyfriend. Love him to pieces. And Cam was amazing!!!!!!"

Thank goodness some..."

Nyahahahaha! Yeah I didn't know it would be this AWESOME! I mean I still love WINCH to death but this guy was PERFECT! DANG IT! Hahaha. I feel so polygamous right now!

Annie Brewer No need for apology. I very rarely filter my bad mouth. Especially when it comes to this book. This book rocked my effing world and I still can't stop thinking about it. Love it SO so so so so so so so so so much!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sandra Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It just felt so right I can't stop my mouth from just saying how great this is! :p
I didn't really know what hit me, honestly!

Sandra FANGIRLING TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL! :)

Annie Brewer Hahahaha, I am right there with you girl. Seriously, this book had me all kinds of crazy emotional. Shit, I cried so bad at the end, I thought I was gonna pass out. I don't that bad often in books but damn. Poor Andrew. He was such a brave and honorable guy. Love him. LOVE. HIM.!!!!!!!!!

Sandra I was crying like a crazy girl last Sunday night because of this book! I haven't cried this much because of a book since the Fault in our stars! :p

GOOD HEAVENS! Just you saying his name makes me shiver! Hahaha. :p

message 43: by adinda widya (new) - added it

adinda widya is this a movie?

Sandra I have no idea. :p I got it from tumblr. :)
Looks like a movie to me though. :p

message 45: by adinda widya (new) - added it

adinda widya tumblr? can u send me the link please?
great review btw :D lurve it

Sandra yeah. the link for this gif? i could give you my link if you want?

Sandra hehehe. thanks for checking out my review. :)

message 48: by adinda widya (new) - added it

adinda widya yeah, i'd love to :)

Annie Brewer Girl, I see Ryan Guzman as alot of my book boyfriends lately. He's just so damn hot that he could fit any of them. Gah, he's gorgeous!!!

Sandra Hahaha Is he a model? :p geez sorry I have no clue. But I'll google him. Hehehe. Same as the guy in my profile picture! He's the picture on my facebook account too. I melt every time I see his face which is almost all the time!! Hahaha. I don't even know his name.

« previous 1