Holly's Reviews > Façade

Façade by Nyrae Dawn

bookshelves: loved-loved-loved-it

I received this book from Netgalley and that spurred me to finally read book one Charade, which I have had on my Nook for a while now. I enjoyed book Charade, but I simply fell in love with Façade!

We got to meet Adrian in the first book and really I wouldn’t have given him much thought other than assuming he was just a pot smoking, partying secondary character but once you read his story, well you know what they say about assuming!! HOLY SHITBALLS! This book, Adrian himself, had me bawling like a baby!!

Let me just start by saying if this book had a theme song it would be Demons by Imagine Dragons! (Whom I love, btw) This song ran through my head the entire time I devoured this book!! All the characters in this book have so many demons your heart breaks constantly for them!

Nobody knows Adrian has demons at all, he is your basic fun loving, likes to get stoned and party type of guy. Always a good time, right? Not really. Adrian is haunted by the death of his nephew, which he firmly believes is his fault. The boy was killed by a car when it lost control and ran into the front yard where the boy was playing. Heartbreaking, right? Yeah, it gets worse.

Delany Cross is eighteen and has been living in her own kind of nightmare for the last few years. Her father was sent to jail for driving the car that killed Adrian’s nephew, and her mother hates her for some crazy reason and repeatedly attempts suicide while her older brother Maddox is just trying to keep it all together(I thing Maddox gets his own book next – YAY). Anyway, Delany moves to the town Adrian lives in to try to get some closure by finding him and apologizing for what her father has done. Only, of course that doesn’t work out because they fall hard for each other and she never really finds the right time to tell him.

You can see how this is all gonna blow up in their faces, right?? Yeah, you got it, it is not pretty and let me tell you I bawled my eyes out for a good portion of this book! Oh and there is a little twist at the end that will break your heart all over again! But, did I love it? Hell yeah I did and I can’t wait for the next installment!!

***This book was provided to me as an ARC by Netgalley
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Façade.

November 21, 2012 – Shelved