Carla Doria's Reviews > Beyond Past Lives: What Parallel Realities Can Teach Us about Relationships, Healing, and Transformation

Beyond Past Lives by Mira Kelley

Read 2 times. Last read April 26, 2022 to May 4, 2022.

The book was suggested by a friend who knew I was deeply interested in the topic of past lifes and reencarnation. I honestly didn't know what to expect. Would this book be too radical in my way of seeing things and life? It wasn't, and therefore it is recommendable to any type of public. I clarify this because there are books that are too radical and can agitate too much people's conceptions and aren't for everybody- depending on their beliefs, cultural and religous background. But this book can work for everybody despite their background and mind openess.

Mira Kelley tells us about her experiences with clients' regressions and also with her own ones. In her list of clients, we find people like Dr. Wayne Dyer which of course elevates the interest in her work.

As we go through clients' regressions and stories, Kelley takes the opportunity to extract life lessons and highlight what can be beneficial from these sessions. These life lessons are very topic-wide and sometimes I felt I was drawn from the book's main topic to a more general self-help book approach. I wasn't very convinced by the derived self-help content since I really wanted to know about past-lifes and regressions but without too much redundance on the self-development portion which I've already been reading in other books.

The book also includes some exercises which I must confess I haven't done yet. However, I'm looking forward to doing them at some point when I find there is an issue to address. Since as Kelley mentions in her sessions, all clients had an issue to solve. In my case, I'm mostly curious about what I was in my past lifes. Although with this book, this perspective is widened, and it is not only past, but parallel and even imaginary lifes that we can create in our conscious.

I do recommend the book for those looking into a not so depth past-life topic but more superficial and with more self-help substance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Past Lives.

March 14, 2022 – Started Reading