Juls's Reviews > The Edge of Never

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Nov 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: angst-worthy, disappointing, hea

So 90% of the book felt like it was a YA book and then the last 10% was all adult comp romance.

Cam lost the one boy she thought she'd ever love when she was in high school and now two years later she's found her boyfriend in an uncompromising position. she is done with men!

One dreadful thing leads to another and Cam decides it time for her to hit the road. Its leading to nowhere but she is okay with that. On the road she meets Andrew.

Andrew has his own issues. He's on his way to see his dying father. He couldnt deal so he's taking his time by taking the bus. This will give him time to process everything that is going on. Underneath all this he has a big secret.

The two become traveling companions and before long they are swapping stories of their lives.

When they get to his stop they part ways but something is niggling at him and he comes back to her only to find her in a predicament that he is all so willing to help her out of.

Things pick up some pace after that. Andrew visits his dad and the thought of him so helpless about the whole situation has him trying to escape. But its the perfect thing. He uses it to get Cam out of the shell she's in. Andrew proposes an idea to her that she cant refuse.

The two of them go on a journey of discovery and what they find is more than they would have ever thought. They find answers to their inner turmoils and also find something unexpected, love. But even that has a cost. So much still needs mending and letting go of secrets seems unreachable and when its revealed its almost too late.

Will they survive the horrible turn of events? Will they be able to
keep the love they both found?

I liked this book but was a bit disappointed about what the BIG secret was. I almost wanted things to end differently and yeah maybe things wouldnt have turned out like they did but it was really selfish of Andrew to leave Cam with something that cruel to deal with. But I'm glad Andrew and Cam were able to find some happiness, even thought it didnt come to light until the very end, literally.

see all my reviews at www.upallnightreviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Never.

★Ruth★ Are you still reading this or are you done?

Juls Still working on it. It's okay so far.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ dont give up Juls!! it gets really good!

★Ruth★ I'm at about 30% and it's OK, I'm a bit concerned as everyone is raving about it and I'm not anyway near raving! Sharon you have yet to let me down so I am going to trust you on this but beware, I.Will.Find.You :)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ LOL Ruth...yes it is slow going till maybe 50+%. u will know when thing start happening.

(PLEASE Book Gods..dont let me down or Ruth will keelll me!!)

★Ruth★ Kill you dead! LOL j/k (No seriously)

message 7: by ~V~ (last edited Dec 10, 2012 02:03PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~V~ Haha, i'm reading this one too..only @ 16%...so far nothing too exciting going on.

~V~ Although i'm to the part where we're getting Andrew's point of view for the 1st time and i'm liking THAT! ;)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Ruth wrote: "Kill you dead! LOL j/k (No seriously)"

LOL!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ ~V~ wrote: "Although i'm to the part where we're getting Andrew's point of view for the 1st time and i'm liking THAT! ;)"

i really liked that too V.

message 11: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls Wow it just got real violent like in here! ;)

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Juls wrote: "Wow it just got real violent like in here! ;)"

Help ME Juls....LOL!!

★Ruth★ ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "Juls wrote: "Wow it just got real violent like in here! ;)"

Help ME Juls....LOL!!"

No One can save you now Muwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Ruth wrote: "♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "Juls wrote: "Wow it just got real violent like in here! ;)"

Help ME Juls....LOL!!"

No One can save you now Muwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

LMAO!!!!

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) I guess this book isn't as good as everyone says?

message 16: by Juls (last edited Dec 14, 2012 08:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) wrote: "I guess this book isn't as good as everyone says?"

first off, i think i may be kinda harsh in giving 3 stars, stupid reading funk! but i just read lexi baby and gave it 5 stars so i dont know if i can blame it on that.
i think if the ending was different i may have given another star, at least.
honestly i think you would like this one Terri. give it try :)

~V~ Well, i'm in no reading funk, but if i compare this to other books that i've read this past month it's just lacking in the emotional angst dept. is all. It was def. a well told and nice story, just not overly exciting?

message 18: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls ~V~ wrote: "Well, i'm in no reading funk, but if i compare this to other books that i've read this past month it's just lacking in the emotional angst dept. is all. It was def. a well told and nice story, just..."

they threw it all at the end and even then it felt rushed.

~V~ Juls wrote: " ~V~ wrote: "Well, i'm in no reading funk, but if i compare this to other books that i've read this past month it's just lacking in the emotional angst dept. is all. It was def. a well told and nic..."

I totally agree!! It was ONLY at the very end...and that was seriously @ (view spoiler). :/

message 20: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls I told a friend who actually loved this book that if the author would have just (view spoiler) I would have liked it better. its not that i didnt like him, i just thought cam would have taken more from it. he taught her so much and she finally learned to love.

~V~ OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It would have gotten a MUCH LOWER RATING from ME had it ended up that way...as in WAY LOWER! LOL! Then it would have been just a "nice" love story with..(view spoiler) LOL!

message 22: by Juls (new) - rated it 3 stars

Juls ~V~ wrote: "OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It would have gotten a MUCH LOWER RATING from ME had it ended up that way...as in WAY LOWER! LOL! Then it would have been just a "nice" love story with..[spoilers removed] LOL!"

LOL!!!

★Ruth★ i have to say jul .s it definitely was not a favorite :-(