Jessica (Stuck in Books)'s Reviews > Frigid

Frigid by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Okay, I CANNOT wait for this book. I wanna read it so bad. Plus, it's by JLA. That means there's a 100% chance I'm gonna love it to death.

And, aha, Kyler. Kyler Kyler Kyler. Have we all seen the drool-worthy boy for him?

;)
(His real name is Adam, by the way.)

Yeah. I can't even.

Ahhh, this cover's going to be great, and then the book is going to be even greater, and this is just going to be AWESOME.

Personally, I think SHP should release it, like, now. But hey, that's just me.

Either way, AHHHHHHHHH. <3

OH, and it's NA. As if it couldn't get any better.

*DIES*

UPDATE: 1/28/2013
A teaser!! Oh. My. Gosh.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I was pulled off the stool and my surprised shriek was cut off when my back hit an immoveable wall of muscle. I was enveloped in a bear hug that smelled of the outdoors and light cologne.

Only one person in this world gave me hugs like this or felt that hard… that good. Kyler’s deep voice rumbled through my body. “When did you get here?”

My feet still weren’t touching the floor. “A little bit ago,” I gasped out, gripping his forearms through his sweater.

“What the hell? Have you been hiding from me?”

Paul leaned back against the bar and grinned, but it was strained. Not that I could blame him. Kyler kind of always busted in and took over every situation. “I haven’t been hiding,” I told him, flushing when my eyes met Paul’s. “And can you put me down?”

“What if I don’t?” he teased. “You’re so little I could put you in my pocket.” “What?” I laughed. “Put me down, you idiot. I was having a conversation.”

“Sorry, Paul, I’m stealing her.” Kyler backed away, giving me no choice, because there was no way I was breaking his hold. He turned, dropping into a chair nowhere near the table he’d been at, pulling me into his lap so I was sitting sideways. He looped his arms around my waist. “I’m not happy with you, Syd.”

I arched a brow as my heart rate picked up. He was the only person who called me Syd; the only person I let call me that without kicking them in the shin. “Really? Over what?”

“You’re talking to that douche.”

“What douche?”

He leaned in, resting his forehead against mine, and my breath stalled in my chest. Why must he always get so damn close? And he really, truly, always did. “Paul.”

“What about him?” I put my hands on his shoulders to push back, but his arms tightened, holding me in place. “Are you drunk?”

“Am I drunk? Aw, now you’ve gone and hurt my feelings, Syd.”

I smirked. “You don’t have any feelings.”

“Now. Now. That wasn’t very nice.” His impossibly long lashes lowered, shielding his eyes as he lifted his head, rubbing his cheek along mine. My fingers dug into his shoulders as desire twisted tight in my center. “I have all these feels, Syd.”

It took me a moment to respond. “You’re so full of it.”

He rubbed his cheek against me like a cat seeking a belly rub, and I fought the urge to purr. “I’m full of something.”

“Piss and vinegar?” I suggested as I desperately tried to ignore the way my pulse pounded in all the right places.”

He chuckled deep in his throat as he leaned back against the seat he took hostage. “Back to the serious nature of our conversation.”

“Which is: why are you playing Santa right now?”

Kyler’s lashes lifted and his eyes drilled into mine. “Hmm, now that sounds interesting. Have you’ve been naughty or nice this year, Syd?”

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. My cheeks burned as his gaze turned knowing. “I know what you’ve been.” He kissed my forehead. “You’ve been nice.”

My shoulders slumped. I didn’t want to be nice. I wanted to be naughty like Blondie. When she’d been in his lap minutes before, I doubted Kyler had been teasing her.

Maybe I should scoop some ice up and see what he did, except that would require me doing so out of a random glass and that was just gross.

Um. Did you just read that. DID YOU? It. Is. So. Amazing.

"I have all these feels, Syd." HA. That got me.

Okay, I'm going back to being dead now.

*dies*

UPDATE: 3/26/2013
We have a cover. An incredibly smexy cover, to be exact. I revealed it on my blog here: http://justabooklover.blogspot.com/20...

IT IS STUNNING!

Now back to waiting.

*dies yet again*

UPDATE: 6/17/2013
Look at me dying and then coming back to life not once, but TWICE. I can't help it, though. More awesomeness has been revealed. The first three chapters, an AWESOME slideshow (and by AWESOME, I mean INCREDIBLY HOT AND ATTRACTIVE), and a possibility of getting the ebook 2 WEEKS EARLY! Ahhhh!

Check it all out here: http://justabooklover.blogspot.com/20...

Am I the only one that noticed that "feels" has now been changed to "feelings"? I mean, it's okay, this book still looks drop dead smexy, but just saying. But that's life.

Okay, back to the dead I go.

*dies for the third time*

~~~

I'm not actually dead. And I've READ THIS AWESOME PANTS BOOK! EEEEP! It was so great. Just...AHH! There will be a review later this month!! <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frigid.

November 18, 2012 – Shelved
July 6, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 13, 2015 – Shelved as: i-swoon
January 13, 2015 – Shelved as: dual-pov
January 13, 2015 – Shelved as: lovelovelove

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Hollie Lind Oh my gosh! I just wiped a little drool from my face! I'm so going to read this book!!

Jessica (Stuck in Books) Nikki Arivel wrote: "cover reveal here: http://dog-earandyellowingpages.blogs..."

The cover. Is. So. AMAZING!

Joan July seems so far away. Need this book now! :)

message 5: by Aimen (last edited Apr 04, 2013 05:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aimen Great teaser! I'm so tempted :) What's the guy's full name? Adam...?

message 6: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy When will this be released in U.S? Anyone know?

Jessica (Stuck in Books) Aimen wrote: "Great teaser! I'm so tempted :) What's the guy's full name? Adam...?"

Sorry, I somehow totally missed this comment. His name is Adam Avellet! Smexy, right?

Here's the link to Jen's post about the Frigid photo shoot: http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/fri...

Jessica (Stuck in Books) Amy wrote: "When will this be released in U.S? Anyone know?"

It's slated to release digitally (ebooks and stuff) July 30th, and then release in paperback on November 5th. :)

Jade Just finished reading it! It was as good as you said!!

Jessica (Stuck in Books) Jade wrote: "Just finished reading it! It was as good as you said!!"

IT IS SO FABULOUS!

message 11: by Rita (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rita R. this guy is adam from mtv's are you the one haha oh my god

Jessica (Stuck in Books) Rita wrote: "this guy is adam from mtv's are you the one haha oh my god"

Ha, yep. He modeled for the cover before going to be on the show. :)