Becky Sherriff's Reviews > The Half-life of Hannah

The Half-life of Hannah by Nick Alexander

F 50x66

This is the first book I have read by this author and it did not disappoint.

Hannah has a normal life, she is married with a son and she is fairly happy. She loves her son Luke dearly, she cares for her husband Cliff but pretty much just goes through the motions of marriage with him.

The story starts at the beginning of a family holiday where they join Hannah's sister Jill, her gay friend Tristan and her daughter Aisha. We are also introduced to Cliff's brother James later on in the story.

The holiday starts well although from the beginning it is evident there are tensions there, I am not going to spoil the story but I will say that there are plenty of twists in it.

Once I got past the first 50 pages I could not put this book down, my only criticism of the book is that it was a bit of a slow starter for me.

I loved the characters Hannah, Jill and Tristan. I thought that all of the characters were well developed and it was a thoroughly engaging story.

This book also addresses some serious issues, it does it tastefully but also raises awareness to the reader.

This book did leave me slightly wanting more but that is not a negative to me, that is something I really like in a book. If there was a follow up to the story I think I would prefer a book about James's story that runs alongside this story rather than a sequel.

I loved this book and I can not wait to read more of this author's books. I have rated The Half Life of Hannah 5 stars, this is a justified rating although if there was the option to I would realistically have given it 4.8 stars just because It was a bit of a slow start. The complete story is definitely worth waiting for though.

Becky Sherriff (The Kindle Book Review)

The KBR received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. We are not connected with the author or publisher in any way, nor are we otherwise compensated for this service by Amazon or any other party

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Half-life of Hannah.