Whitney's Reviews > The Edge of Never

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Nov 16, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

"If anyone's delusional about how love works, what real love feels like, it's the majority of the adult
population."

Holy crap! This book, guys! All the freaking feels!

New adult is quickly becoming my favorite genre. This book made me laugh, cry, laugh and cry at the same time. It was just everything I could have asked for!

The edge of never is about a girl named Camryn Bennett, who has been through a lot and is searching for something. So she up and leaves not knowing where she's going, and buys a bus ticket. Then we have Andrew Parrish *sigh*. His dad is sick, so he takes a bus to go visit him. That's where Cam and Andrew meet. The story takes off from there.

This is a beautiful story of two people who both have their pains to overcome. And they help each other overcome that. The characters in The Edge of Never were realistic and honest.

The romance in The Edge of Never moved a the right speed! They start as
strangers on a bus, gradually move to friendship and then love. All the while you get to see this. I loved watching them go from just friends to falling in love. It was heartbreaking and at the same time it was beautiful!

I did not know what I was getting into with The Edge of Never. I never expected it to make me cry the way it did. But I am so glad I read this book. The Edge of Never easily goes on my top favorite books of all time! No joke, this book was incredible.

There were so many moments that made me smile and laugh! One of them being, while Cam and Andrew are in Walmart, hilarious!

We head over to the medicines and there’s a middle-aged couple standing in front of the cough syrup, reading the labels. Andrew says casually, without lowering his voice, "Babe, did you find that yeast infection stuff?"
My eyes spring open and I freeze in front of the Tylenol.
He removes a small box of Advil from the shelf.
The couple pretends not to have heard what he said, but I know they heard him.
"I mean are you even sure that's what's causing the itch?" he goes on and I’m literally melting from the heat in my face.
The couple does glance over this time, covertly.
Andrew is grinning his ass off at me from the side, pretending to be reading labels.
I want to smack him, but instead, I play him at his own game.
"Yeah, baby I found it," I say as casually as he had. "What about you? Did you see if they have extra-small sized condoms?"

Towards the end of The Edge of Never is when it really starts getting emotional. At one point, after the twist, I just start crying and wondering why authors can be so cruel. Then I turn the page and I just start laughing and crying at the same, because I just didn't see it coming. At this point I'm just an emotional disaster.

I am in aw of this story and the characters. It had all the elements I look for in a book; Funny, emotional, great characters, and some sexiness!

The Edge of Never is a book I would read over and over again and never get tired of it! Needless to say if J.A. Redmerski comes out with any more books I will be the first to pick it up! I could not recommend The Edge of Never enough!

"Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're require to hurt less."

For more of my reviews, visit my blog at Vivid Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Never.

Quotes Whitney Liked

J.A. Redmerski
“Just because one person's problem is less traumatic than another's doesn't mean they're required to hurt less”
J.A. Redmerski, The Edge of Never