Toni Osborne's Reviews > Skeleton Man

1970656
Feb 08, 2009

did not like it
Read in July, 2007

This mystery is straightforward and pretty much predictable. I found the author kept repeating himself each time he introduced a new character and after hearing the story of the diamonds three or four times it takes a toll. This is the first novel I have read by this author and I was totally disappointed with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skeleton Man.

message 1: by Tom (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tom Don't give up on Hillerman. He has written some really good, and unpredictable, mysteries. Great native American lore and legends, too.

message 2: by Toni (new) - rated it 1 star

Toni Osborne Thanks Tom I will give him another chance. I know some simply love him. Any one in particular I should try next in your view that will make me change my opinion?

Matt I would suggest "Skinwalkers." It's a page-turner in which the author fleshes out the characters (especially Chee) and doesn't repeat himself like a broken record as he does in "Skeleton Man."

message 4: by Toni (new) - rated it 1 star

Toni Osborne Matt wrote: "I would suggest "Skinwalkers." It's a page-turner in which the author fleshes out the characters (especially Chee) and doesn't repeat himself like a broken record as he does in "Skeleton Man.""

Thanks Matt for your suggestion I will give " Skinwalkers" a try.