Marcy Pusey's Reviews > Funny How Life Works

Funny How Life Works by Michael Jr.

I had already chosen the books I’d hoped to read this year. And I was already behind.

Then a friend handed me this book as a gift. It looked like an easy read, so I decided to add it for a “quick win” to my books-read list.

Wow, was I surprised! This is a wonderful book. I honestly didn’t know who Michael Jr. was (eek, sorry!) but I’m so grateful for the introduction through his book.

I laughed, I cried, I felt hope rise up and inspiration, courage and gratitude, sometimes desperation and anger. Well, rarely anger. There were times I just wanted to feed him so bad! 😂 And other times I just wanted him to feed someone else (when clearly God had a better plan).

And yes, it can be a quick read if you don’t stop to watch the included video snippets of various sets he referred to. Which, I recommend you enjoy. They’re a great inclusion.

Michael Jr does a great job of combining humor and inspiration AND storytelling. I appreciated learning some of his life story and the life of a beginning comedian (as well as now accomplished comedian). I also thoroughly enjoyed his perspective shift that makes his shows (and approach to comedy) both unique and powerful. You’ll have to read to know what that is.

So I highly recommend that, even if you’ve already made a 2022 must-read book list, you quickly add this one to it and jump in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Funny How Life Works.

Started Reading