Richa's Reviews > Undeniable

Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

Read 2 times

WARNING: This review contains explicit cursing, swearing, ranting and raving. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

OH. MY. GOD. OH MY. GOD. OH MY GOD. 3 times doesn't even begin to cover what I experienced while reading this book. I doubt OH MY GOD even 10 times could cover it.

This was one of the Most Repulsive, Disgusting, Nastiest, Repugnant, Sickening, Revolting, Obnoxious, Hellish, Despicable, Horrid, Vile stories I've ever read and I was hooked from the very beginning.

PROLOGUE: Mark Twain said, “The two most important days in your life is the day you were born and the day you find out why”
I don't remember the day I was born but I remember the day I found out why.
His name was Deuce.
He was my “why”.
And this is our story.
It is not a pretty one.
Some parts of it are downright ugly.
But it’s ours.
And because I believe everything happens for a reason, I wouldn't change a thing.

And then came the part where they meet for the very first time.....

I was five years old when I met Deuce, he was twenty-three, and it was visiting day at Riker's Island.

ADDICTIVE, ENSLAVING.....Eva and Deuce's first meeting was one of the sweetest things I've ever read....Ah...Deuce.....there are no words to describe him, no words enough to explain what he was, is.....OH NO Wait! HERE they are: Jerk, asshole, jackass, beast, boor, cad, dirtbag, swine, vermin, barbarian, brute, lowlife, rascal, rogue, scoundrel, blockhead, imbecile, insolent, arrogant, condescending, mean, hurtful, egotistical....did I cover everything?

I HATED him. Sometimes I wanted to go inside the book and shake him so hard and kick him so hard.....People if you're looking for The Jerk of the Romance World...well then look no further, search no more because he's right here.....Deuce.

Deuce, here's something for ya

Eva....what is left to be said about a woman who falls in love with a man who couldn't stop cheating on her and hurting her every damn time they were together, marries a man who is a deranged psychopath with his hands dipped in blood up to his elbows and then sleeps and does 'unspeakable' things with another man to get her demented husband out of the jail house.

Seriously, Eva?

And this is Eva and Deuce's Crazy, Messed Up, Insane, Grotesque, Wild, Astounding, Confounding LOVE STORY. Or is it?

Reading this book was like going on a Wild, crazy roller coaster ride without the safety bar on....you never knew when you might be jerked and thrown out of your seat, whether you would land safely or crash and burn .....it was one helluva of a ride and I don't ever want to be on it again and I want to experience it one more time...and one more time...and one more time....

Was there anything that the author left out?......lemme see....this book has criminals, psychopaths, rapists, cheaters, more criminals, murderers, liars, manipulative jerks, prostitutes, criminals, and then some jealousy, envy, hatred, enmity, lust, lies, betrayals, craziness, obsession, addiction, and twisted, crazy LOVE.

The first rape scene I came across I was like .....
I couldn't believe what I was reading....how can a person who claims to love her so much do that?....but in a strange, perverted way it made perfect sense...how can a person who is sooooo obsessed with her that if another man even looks at her goes crazy not hurt her?....he is bound to....

Then if I hated it so much what was it that made me go on? It was moments like these:

They'd spent only moments together. Here and there, some good, most painful. It didn't make any sense. They didn't make any sense. He should have let her go a long time ago. But he couldn't.  And he still couldn't. Because he didn't want to. Because he fucking loved her.

Eva knew what a jerk he was....had seen his assholiness....but for her he was "The most beautiful man I’d ever seen and still the biggest asshole I'd ever met. And I loved him still. That had never changed."

Her feelings for him kinda reminded me of Adele's 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
I let it fall, my heart
And as it fell, you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet

But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew
All the things you'd say, they were never true, never true
And the games you play, you would always win, always win

But I set fire to the rain
Watched it pour as I touched your face
Let it burn while I cry
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name.

Deuce to Eva: "Fuckin' listen Eva and listen good. Words are shit and I ain't good with them anyway. So here’s the fuckin’ truth for you, straight up, I'm forty eight years old, gonna be forty nine all too soon and I damn well know a good thing when I see it and babe all I’ve ever been able to fuckin' see is you. Not many chances a man has in his lifetime to do right, to earn the love of a good woman, and to get a taste of true freedom. And babe, for me, you're all fuckin' three. Have been for a good while now. Whatever this shit is between us it’s always been there and it’s always gonna be there.  I’m shit-fuckin’-tired tryin’ to ignore it. I’ll try to do right by you Eva, you’d be the first, but I’ll fuckin’ try my damndest. And baby, true freedom is the open road, the wind on your face and a good woman on the back of your bike holdin’ you tight like you’re her reason for breathin’ because she sure as fuck is yours.

But sadly despite his claims that he was no good with words and that he would do right by her he turned out wrong on both counts. Wish it had been the other way round.

Like one wise biker rightly put it: “Son, you are a fuckin’ moron. You wanna know what I see? I see a girl who isn’t just a girl but a fuckin’ prize and why the fuck she chose an asshole like you to give that fuckin’ prize to I haven’t a fuckin’ clue. Stupid if you ask me. But you’re throwin’ it all away cuz you can’t stop fuckin’ whores and cuz you’re refusing to give her a piece of the club. Not a lot to ask if you ask me but since you ain’t askin’ I’ll shut the fuck up and let you be a fuckin’ moron.”
This deserves some serious

But these following lines...these made me realize that yes, no matter how much he messed up and screwed up his relationship with her he did love her....what a time to realize it:

He had been beaten within an inch of his life.
He had been strangled, stabbed and shot.
He had shot, stabbed, strangled, beaten and killed.
He'd been hurt, scared, mad, angry as fuck and homicidally inclined.
Fuck, he had been so fucking pissed off he'd had his old man killed.  His own flesh and blood.
But never, NEVER, had he felt like this.
There wasn't a name powerful enough to describe what he was feeling, to convey what was happening inside of him. It was beyond words, surpassed all emotions.
It was living death.
- when she being raped and he was helpless to save her.

In the end as in all love stories everyone lived happily ever after....but the whole thing had left me reeling and I haven't been able to find my balance even now...

He stuck out his hand.
"Name's Deuce sweetheart. My old man here is Reaper. It was nice talkin' with ya."
She put her tiny hand in his and he squeezed.
"Eva," She whispered.  "That's my name and it was so, so great to meet you too."
He smiled.
She smiled.

The rest is fuckin’ history

God, How I hated reading this book....but fine I admit it I loved it...the messed up love story of two messed up people...I loved it.

P.S.: The 1 missing star is for the fact that this isn't the kind of story that I want to read about...it isn't the kind of story which leaves you feeling happy and contended....it isn't the kind to make you go dreamy....but you'll love and hate it anyway.....not the author's fault......and it is strictly for people who can take the raw, crude, mean, vulgar side of life unabashedly and all the nitty gritties that comes with it.

I still feel like saying

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undeniable.

Quotes Richa Liked

“His blue eyes glittered with amusement. “Naïve, darlin'," He murmured. "I stole you a long time ago. Round the time you f**kin' stole me.”
Madeline Sheehan, Undeniable

“Hey," I said softly and cupped his cheek.
"Yeah?"
“What about your dream?”
His face went dimples. “I’m lookin’ at it, darlin’.”
Oh. Crap. My heart felt near bursting. I was absolutely done for. This man owned me, body and soul, and everything in between.”

“Dad?"
"Yeah?"
"She the reason you’re pissed off all the time?"
"Yeah."
"She the reason you left mom?"
"You love her?"
There was a long pause.
"Cool."
"…yeah."
"Dad?"
"Jesus, Cage.  What?"
"Does this mean I can have at Miranda?"
Christ.
"Yeah, you fuckin' hornball.  Have at it."
"Cool.”

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Other ebook Edition)
November 12, 2012 – Shelved
November 15, 2012 – Shelved (Other ebook Edition)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)

Richa Thanks Dd for warning me beforehand and making me feel free to rave and rant!

message 2: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Ah!!!My pleasure!!:)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Great review Richa :)

Zara Exactly how I felt the entire time... Such a dysfunctional love/hate relationship with this book!!

Well put!! ;)

Marivett Such a great review... My feelings exactly. I wanted to kill Deuce a few times but then he would somehow crawl back and take a little piece of me... I loved this book and can't wait to read Danny's story.

Richa Blacky wrote: Great review Richa :)

Zara wrote: Exactly how I felt the entire time... Such a dysfunctional love/hate relationship with this book!!

Well put!! ;)

Thanks Zara!...I still hate this book....no I love it...ugh!

Marivett wrote: Such a great review... My feelings exactly. I wanted to kill Deuce a few times but then he would somehow crawl back and take a little piece of me... I loved this book and can't wait to read Danny's story.

Thanks! Just finished reading Consequences but Deuce is still one of the biggest jerks ever....can't wait for Danny's story either....but Danny & Ripper?...What about ZZ?....This sort of has Eva & Deuce written all over it...

Sbatdorf Then I was nuts enough to start Captive in the Dark...Man oh man do I need some serious HEA with a heavy dose of bodice ripping sex.

Recommendations?

Linda Oh. My. God. I couldn't have said it better. Fantastic review Richa. I loved this book and I hated it. I hated the way Deuce treated Eva. I hated that he continued to cheat on her. Ugh. Their relationship was insane and messed up. I couldn't believe what I was reading.

The following is one of my favorite quotes from the book:

“I nodded proudly. "I am Preacher’s little girl. And I'm gonna be just like him when I grow up. I'm gonna have a Fatboy but I want mine to be sparkly and I want a pink helmet with skulls on it. And instead of being the club President, I’m gonna be the club Queen cuz I'm gonna marry the biggest, scariest biker in the whole world and he's gonna let me do whatever I want because he’s gonna love me like crazy.”

I can't wait to read the second installment "Unbeautifully" Ripper and Danny's story. I never would have thought they would have something going on. I wonder how Deuce feels about this.

Richa Sbatdorf wrote: "Then I was nuts enough to start Captive in the Dark...Man oh man do I need some serious HEA with a heavy dose of bodice ripping sex.

Recommendations?"

Have you tried historical romances? They are almost always most certainly guaranteed to have HEAs....with well crazy and sometimes silly lovemaking. Or Fifty Shades of Grey is always a safe bet in that department. ;)

message 10: by Richa (last edited Nov 15, 2012 07:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Linda wrote: "Oh. My. God. I couldn't have said it better. Fantastic review Richa. I loved this book and I hated it. I hated the way Deuce treated Eva. I hated that he continued to cheat on her. Ugh. Their relat..."

Thanks Linda! Deuce.......hmmm..........nope still hate him!......and I love that part too....if for nothing else we'll have to give him credit for at least trying to make it up to her later on by fulfilling that dream of hers....the jerk...a sweet jerk later on....but a jerk all the same...

As for his feelings considering Danny & Ripper...I think he'll act like any other man when it comes to his daughter....like a hypocrite. ;)

Linda You're welcome Richa! I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE your review. Deuce is a jerk. A hot sexy jerk, ha ha. I guess we can give him a little credit for buying Eva a sparkley fatboy ;o)

Have you read the Prolouge and Chapter 1 to the second book Unbeautifully? I read it on the authors facebook page. It's so good.

message 12: by Richa (last edited Nov 16, 2012 10:45AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Linda wrote: "You're welcome Richa! I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE your review. Deuce is a jerk. A hot sexy jerk, ha ha. I guess we can give him a little credit for buying Eva a sparkley fatboy ;o)

Have you read the Prolouge..."

Thank you once again!

Nope I haven't read it....but I'm definitely going to now! Thanks for the heads up! :)

Linda Definitely check it out!

Sbatdorf Richa wrote: "Sbatdorf wrote: "Then I was nuts enough to start Captive in the Dark...Man oh man do I need some serious HEA with a heavy dose of bodice ripping sex.

Recommendations?"

Have you tried historical r..."

Oh yeah! all 3 50 Shades, Tabke, Moning, McCarthy. Have a list a mile long in the TBR file, but always looking for the "stop what your reading now and read this" book. :)

Richa Linda wrote: "Definitely check it out!

I found your review through Madeline's facebook page. She commented and posted a link to your review."

I did not know that either since I'm not really on Facebook. But I'm going to check it out now. Thanks!

Richa Sbatdorf wrote: "Richa wrote: "Sbatdorf wrote: "Then I was nuts enough to start Captive in the Dark...Man oh man do I need some serious HEA with a heavy dose of bodice ripping sex.

Have you trie..."

I recently finished Consequences.
If there was ever a book which was "stop what your reading now and read this" book then this is it!

Louise great review Richa, I'm gonna read this soon:) when I venture on the dark side again hehehe.

Richa Louise wrote: "great review Richa, I'm gonna read this soon:) when I venture on the dark side again hehehe."

Thanks! :) Don't forget to bring a flashlight when you go there...although I doubt it's gonna be of much use. :P

Jenny Levine Fantastic review, Richa! ;)

Richa Jenny wrote: "Fantastic review, Richa! ;)"

Thanks! :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Loved your review Richa!!

message 22: by bobo (new) - rated it 4 stars

bobo woooooow, you did rant, rave and ....but is exactly how I felt about this book :) Great review!!!! So,D, is to blame, huh? Again :P

Richa bobo wrote: "woooooow, you did rant, rave and ....but is exactly how I felt about this book :) Great review!!!! So,D, is to blame, huh? Again :P"

Thanks bobo! Oh yes, the blame lies squarely on D's shoulders...She is completely to be blamed and this has been true since the time I've known her...like forever.. :P

Richa Georgia wrote: "Loved your review Richa!!"

Thanks, Georgia! :)

message 25: by bobo (new) - rated it 4 stars

bobo Richa wrote: "bobo wrote: "woooooow, you did rant, rave and ....but is exactly how I felt about this book :) Great review!!!! So,D, is to blame, huh? Again :P"

Thanks bobo! Oh yes, the blame lies squarely on D'..."

So, she is like Atlas, the grec Titan, bearing the sky on his shoulders :D Poor, D. <3

message 26: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Well..hello!!!I'm here and I am keeping an eye on you two!!;)

Renee Great review. Exactly how I felt too. You put it into words perfectly!

Richa Dd wrote: "Well..hello!!!I'm here and I am keeping an eye on you two!!;)"

;P nothing you can do about it :P

message 29: by Richa (last edited Nov 17, 2012 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Richa Renee wrote: "Great review. Exactly how I felt too. You put it into words perfectly!"

Thanks, Renee!

message 30: by bobo (new) - rated it 4 stars

bobo Dd wrote: "Well..hello!!!I'm here and I am keeping an eye on you two!!;)"

you do that!!:P so you'll find out how talented we think you are. hugs

message 31: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd :D:D:D:D...

message 32: by bobo (new) - rated it 4 stars

bobo :P

Richa bobo wrote: "Dd wrote: "Well..hello!!!I'm here and I am keeping an eye on you two!!;)"

you do that!!:P so you'll find out how talented we think you are. hugs"

Exactly! :D

Linda Richa wrote: "Linda wrote: "Definitely check it out!

I did not know that either since I'm not really on F..."

I'm not on facebook either. Just about everyone I know is, thought I was the only one :) I was thinking about joining that way I can follow my favorite authors.

Richa Linda wrote: "Richa wrote: "Linda wrote: "Definitely check it out!

I did not know that either since I'm n..."

Nope, you're not the only one! Welcome to the club! I'm often looked upon as an alien by my friends and acquaintances when they come to know that not only I'm not on FB but also that I don't carry a cellphone! Yeah, I know...crazy me! :P

message 36: by Sammy (new) - added it

Sammy Loves Books Daayyuummm!!! Great Review too Richa!

Baba  Great review, Richa!

message 38: by Tai (new)

Tai Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, I can't imagine the craziness I would put myself through if I actually took the time to read the book.

message 39: by Linda (last edited Nov 19, 2012 04:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda Tai wrote: "Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, I can't imagine the crazin..."

The book was emotional and the characters were messed up. I wanted to throw my IPad across the room a few times, ha ha. The book was so so good. Don't give up. Read it. :)

message 40: by Tai (new)

Tai Linda wrote: "Tai wrote: "Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, I can't imagin..."

Lol, that really makes me want to read it even less f it will make me want to throw my ipad.

Richa Sammy wrote: "Daayyuummm!!! Great Review too Richa!"

Thanks Sammy! :)

Richa Baba wrote: "Great review, Richa!"

Thanks Baba!

Richa Tai wrote: "Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, I can't imagine the crazin..."

It is crazy alright but some parts of it are really sweet.....most of it is raw and unashamed side of life....so I don't know whether you'll deem it worth the ride or not...most probably not...but you're welcome all the same, Tai! :P

Linda Tai wrote: "Linda wrote: "Tai wrote: "Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, ..."

LOL sorry! It's a crazy story. I couldn't believe what I was readind but I was hooked.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Great, Great review. I loved this book too!!!

Bayli I'm afraid to read this. I dont know if i can handle it! Hmmm... What to do?! Great review though!

Richa Angie wrote: "Great, Great review. I loved this book too!!!"

Thanks, Angie!

Richa Bayli wrote: "I'm afraid to read this. I dont know if i can handle it! Hmmm... What to do?! Great review though!"

Thanks, Bayli! :)

The story is great, raw and vulgar, the language filthy, too much violence and angst is present in the characters, but there were some moments which made reading it truly worthwhile. I loved it and I hated it! It will leave you with too many conflicting emotions. But the end is so beautiful. OK now I'm just babbling. Your call. If you can handle sensitive and horrifying scenes of rape and violence then I would suggest you to definitely read it but if not then it's better left alone.

Tammy  Zautner Another amazing review!

message 50: by Tai (new)

Tai Richa wrote: "Tai wrote: "Thank you so much for warning us about this book, and letting me know to steer clear of it. Lol, I went through an emotional roller coaster ride just reading this review, I can't imagin..."

Lol, I tend to get emotionally involved in the books I read, so something like this can really have me feeling crazy.

« previous 1