Ruth Hill's Reviews > Fast Food Vindication

Fast Food Vindication by Lisa Tillinger Johansen

Nov 12, 2012

I am so glad there is a book like this in print. Honestly! I am like the majority of Americans--I love fast food. My daughter used to drag me to McDonald's at least once a week. And when I was overweight (and obese--Yikes!), I didn't think twice about eating all the unhealthy calories. But then I began my healthy eating plan (which I still basically follow), and I discovered that fast food did not always mean it was unhealthy. And about that same time, the movement to crush the fast food industry began. And I got sick to death of hearing about people who claimed that a certain restaurant made them fat and on and on. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. And evidently, Lisa Tillinger Johansen couldn't either.

I love the fact that this book actually takes the opposite view of the mass media. She has experience working for the McDonald's corporation, and she has the inside track on much of the fast food industry. Imagine a health professional actually telling you that it was all right to eat at a fast food place. In fact, you might eat healthier there than at a sit-down restaurant or even at home! I've known this for a long time, and I now have the evidence to back it up. She lays out her case very well, and she covers many different aspects of the fast food industry. Evidently, fast food is not the demon that is trying to kill Americans. The blame goes on us. What a novel idea! Imagine taking responsibility for your own actions rather than blaming it on someone else.

I am so pleased that this book is easy to read, well-organized, and simple to understand. I plan to keep this and refer to it from time to time. I know a lot of the things she spoke about, but some of her recommendations were new to me. I also love the facts she shares about the industry itself. I would recommend this to anyone who likes fast food and would like to eat healthier.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fast Food Vindication.

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Johansen Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book!