Valentina's Reviews > Falling in Love

Falling in Love by Stephen Bradlee

4197862

Sexual addiction is not something that is written about too much, especially when the sufferer is a woman, so this book definitely caught my interest when I read the synopsis. It was a fascinating look at a true story.
Something that immediately impressed itself upon me is that the story, despite its subject matter is not erotic. If you’re expecting Fifty Shades of Grey, this is the wrong story for you. No, the sexuality in the book is dealt coldly, giving it almost a clinical feel, which is exactly the right tone, I think, when dealing with sexual addiction. Sherry, the protagonist, is completely dimensional, with a wonderful voice that keeps the reader turning the pages. The other characters are also well written, but Sherry is by far the deepest.
This story will really pull at you. It’s not an easy read because of that, because it demands a lot of emotions from the reader. I do highly recommend it, though, not only because it is a fascinating story, but because it is, in its own way, a beautiful ode to love.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling in Love.

Started Reading