Debra's Reviews > If I Were You

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

HOLY MOTHER OF CLIFFHANGERS !!!

When I finished this story last night (or should I say this morning?) around 3 A.M., I really *really* wanted to go to sleep but I just HAD to start the next book because I was pretty much like this...

Yep, that's how desperate I was to find out what would happen next. Other than this being a real page-turner for me, I really enjoyed reading this book! It was captivating, intriguing, seductive and had all the right ingredients to keep me up late at night so I could finish reading it. Okay, so there were certain similarities to Fifty Shades et cetera, but really, this series is in a class of it's own and it managed to very positively surprise me with it's originality and interesting setting within the world of art.

Sara was a very likeable heroine and it was interesting to see how Rebecca's journals kept influencing her life. And then there were the two male main characters, Mark and Chris. Complete opposites but in a way, they were also very similar to each other, with both of them being utterly powerful, controlling and charismatic. One of them seems to be the mystery man in Rebecca's journal and (view spoiler).

And in the end, there were so many mysteries left unsolved...

"Do you know what happens when you push a dragon? They burn you alive, baby. You're playing with fire."

To be continued...

4.5 STARS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Were You.

November 12, 2012 – Shelved
May 27, 2013 – Started Reading
May 27, 2013 –
6.0% "Very promising first chapter...hopefully the rest of the story will be just as good! ;-)\n

"
May 27, 2013 –
100.0% "Why does it have to end like that!?!?\n

\n *Need to start the next one right away!!!*

"
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: freaking-cliffhanger
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: hot-hot-hot
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: romance
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: swoonworthy-male-lead
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: unputdownable
May 28, 2013 – Shelved as: emotional-rollercoaster
May 28, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)

Christy Great review Debra! Hope you enjoy the next book ;)) I loved them both!

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Wonderful review Debra. I am anxiously awaiting Being Me after the cliffy in this book :) (view spoiler)

message 3: by Kristalia (new)

Kristalia excellent review hon ♥

Debra Christy wrote: "Great review Debra! Hope you enjoy the next book ;)) I loved them both!"

Thank you, Christy!!! Loving the second one too so far! (even more than this one ;-D)

Debra Kristalia wrote: "excellent review hon ♥"

Thank you sweetie!! <3

Debra ★☆Sammy☆★ wrote: "Wonderful review Debra. I am anxiously awaiting Being Me after the cliffy in this book :) [spoilers removed]"

Thank you Sammy!!! (view spoiler) :-)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review sweetie <3

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Debra wrote: "★☆Sammy☆★ wrote: "Wonderful review Debra. I am anxiously awaiting Being Me after the cliffy in this book :) [spoilers removed]"

Thank you Sammy!!! [spoilers removed] :-)"

Ahh I see :) Well then I will wait to see what happens in the 2nd book! June 11th can't come soon enough lol

destini mia Great review, Debra!! Still have to pick this one up :)

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Wonderful review hon, can't wait for the next one to come out :)

message 11: by Marina (new)

Marina Awesome review girl!!:D

Brittni Nice review Debra!!

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fab review Debra! :)

message 14: by ♥Rachel♥ (new) - added it

♥Rachel♥ Great review, Debra. I plan on reading this and the sequel in June. :)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Awesome bestie.... :D

message 16: by Louise (new)

Louise Excellent review Debra!:)

message 17: by • Lisa • (last edited May 29, 2013 05:00AM) (new)

• Lisa • Fab review ... Is there romance? True love? ❤

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Great review ! I love me some " holy mother of cliffhangers "!!!! Can't wait :)

Debra Pavlina wrote: "Wonderful review sweetie <3"

Thank you hon!!! <3

Debra ★☆Sammy☆★ wrote: "Debra wrote: "★☆Sammy☆★ wrote: "Wonderful review Debra. I am anxiously awaiting Being Me after the cliffy in this book :) [spoilers removed]"

Thank you Sammy!!! [spoilers removed] :-)"

Ahh I see..."

Haha, I know what you mean...luckily, it's only a few more days away ;-)

Debra Destini wrote: "Great review, Debra!! Still have to pick this one up :)"

Thank you, Destini!!! Hope you'll enjoy it too when you get to it :-)

Debra Katy wrote: "Wonderful review hon, can't wait for the next one to come out :)"

Thank you hon!!! Finished the second book and it was just as great as the first one...and no cliffy this time, thankfully! ;-D

Debra Marina wrote: "Awesome review girl!!:D"

Thank you hon!!! :-D

Debra Brittni wrote: "Nice review Debra!!"

Thank you, Brittni!!! :-)

Debra Sandra wrote: "Fab review Debra! :)"

Thank you, Sandra!! :-)

Debra ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Great review, Debra. I plan on reading this and the sequel in June. :)"

Thank you, Rachel!! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this series... :-)

Debra Georgia wrote: "Awesome bestie.... :D
And you are SO much lucky!! We had to wait 9 freaking months for the 2nd!!! Almost killed me. O_o LMAO!"

Thank you bestie!!! <3 Ugh, 9 months would have been awful!!! LOL! Kudos to you for surviving such a long wait... ;-P

Debra Louise wrote: "Excellent review Debra!:)"

Thank you, Louise!!! :-)

Debra Lisa Jayne wrote: "Fab review ... Is there romance? True love? ❤"

Thank you, Lisa!!! Yes there is...and even more so In the second book ;-)

"That's All" Ash I absolutely LOVE this, Debra! ♥

And you're right, that was one MOTHER of a cliffy!

Debra Anna wrote: "Great review ! I love me some " holy mother of cliffhangers "!!!! Can't wait :)"

Thank you, Anna!!! Haha, then is the perfect book...cliffhanger guaranteed! ;-) Hope you'll enjoy it too :-D

Debra Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "I absolutely LOVE this, Debra! ♥

And you're right, that was one MOTHER of a cliffy!"

Thank you so much, Ash! <3 I know right?? So glad I could dive into the next one right away! LOL ;-)

"That's All" Ash Right?!

I'm a little jealous of you right now for being able to do that! ;)

message 35: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Amazing review Debra :)
You girls are making me so damn eager to start this series!! GAH!

Debra Ash ~ The Book Snob wrote: "Right?!

I'm a little jealous of you right now for being able to do that! ;)"

Hahaha, it was quite the experience being able to read them back to back...;-) The wait for the second book after such a cliffhanger would have killed me, LOL ;-P

Debra Naomi Soraya wrote: "Fab review babe!"

Thank you, hon!!! :-)

Debra Joana wrote: "Amazing review Debra :)
You girls are making me so damn eager to start this series!! GAH!"

Thanks very much, Jo!!! Oh you really should give it a try soon...it's amazing!!! But this one has a cliffy so it might be better to wait until the second one is released... ;-D

message 39: by Dd (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dd Wonderful review Debra!!:))

Debra Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Debra!!:))"

Thanks very much, D!!! :-)

message 41: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Great review, Debra! :D

message 42: by Jill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jill Holy mother of cliffies is right, Debra! Lol!

Debra Jessie wrote: "Great review, Debra! :D"

Thank you, Jessie!! :-)

Debra Jill wrote: "Holy mother of cliffies is right, Debra! Lol!"

Hahaha, I know...so glad I could start the second one right away after an ending like that ;-)

message 45: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Ooooooooooo, I can't wait to start this one! Great review, I got the second from NetGalley, so I'm starting this one today!! :D

Debra Lisa wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thank you Lisa!! :-)

Debra Rebecca wrote: "Ooooooooooo, I can't wait to start this one! Great review, I got the second from NetGalley, so I'm starting this one today!! :D"

Thank you Rebecca!! Oh can't wait to hear your thoughts on this series...loved it and (thank God) the second one doesn't end with a cliffy ;-P Happy reading!! :-)

message 48: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Great review, Debra!

Debra Susanne wrote: "Great review, Debra!"

Thank you Susanne! <3

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol, I read this last year and when i finished the book, I was so PISSED because of the cliffhanger!!!! I Love Lisa Renee Jones.

Have you read the journals? if you haven't you really need to read them now, it ties in so nicely and give us the reader a different a different point of view as well as a better understand of what Sara is reading in this book

they are Seduction, and the Contract, really quick reads, can have them both done in a day.

« previous 1