Blacky *Romance Addict*'s Reviews > To the Brink

Cindy Gerard =>

The Bodyguard Series =>

This book =>
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am completely obsessed. I probably need some medical treatment Photobucket but hey, don't tell anyone, at least not until I finish this series. No, until I finish the Black Ops series, because that's what I'll be reading next Photobucket

The story

Right after she phones her ex-husband and tells him she's in bad trouble, Darcy finds herself followed and kidnapped.
Ethan (the ex) wastes no time and together with his brothers and a friend, they go to the rescue Photobucket
Now, this one was very intense! And I totally loved it!
Darcy was being held by some extremist bunch of blood-thirsty idiots, treated very badly and almost raped.
Ethan and his hero-bunch were going through the jungle in search for her, and attempting a rescue way above their odds.
So yeah, it was all full of action and in a very difficult situation. Absolutely loved it :D
There were flashbacks to Darcy/Ethan history... NOT very fond of flashbacks in general, but they worked for me here :) It would be very difficult to read the rescue without any insight in their past, and this just added to their emotional relationship and it was believable to see them still in love after all this time Photobucket
Didn't really care much about the main bad guy, but I still wanted the hero-bunch to kill all of those extremist bunch of idiots!
The ending Photobucket yeah, loved it, even though (AGAIN) (view spoiler)

The characters

Darcy and Ethan
were great, and I just felt bad seeing their history, and why it didn't work out. Photobucket My heart just broke for them. And later, I felt bad for her, what she went through, but then again, I felt worse for Ethan, he was still in love with her, and knew there was little chance he'd get her out alive. So yeah, I rooted for them, and was happy with how it all turned out.

Amy and Dallas Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
If I could, I'd give 5 stars just for their part of the story! Not many scenes between them, but enough to fall in love with the couple <3
Dallas is one of the brothers and Amy is another imprisoned woman who was held by the idiots for months, and you can imagine what terrible things they did to her. Just love the way Dallas was so protective of her, and she learned to trust him even with all she went through. Love love love love them.

Anyway... This is a definite sign I've gone mental :D I'm skipping book 4 and 5, to go straight to #6 - Amy and Dallas' story Photobucket
Yes, I know, skipping is terrible, kill me now, but I simply HAVE TO DO IT.
Whatever, I'll just get some medication after I'm finished.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Brink.

November 12, 2012 – Shelved
December 3, 2012 – Started Reading
December 3, 2012 –
10.0% "OMG! This one is going to be intense! YAY! Absolutely loving this series!!\n Photobucket "
December 3, 2012 –
0.0% "Amy and Dallas. OMG. I want their book. I need their book. Now. I think I might just skip and read that next. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! So so want to read :O\n \n \n Photobucket "
December 4, 2012 – Finished Reading
July 19, 2013 –
1.0% "\n Amy and Dallas <3\n \n Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
\n \n Glam I am joining you for book 6!!!!!!!!!!!
"

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)

message 1: by CeCe (new)

CeCe I see you are going through these Bodyguard series. I need to check them out!

Blacky *Romance Addict* I am absolutely loving the series! Can't stop reading :D hope you like it too if you give it a shot :)

message 3: by CeCe (new)

CeCe I am going to give it a shot. I saw your reviews so it caught my interest.

Gina i loved this one! !!

Blacky *Romance Addict* I am loving it right now! It's so interesting!!!!! Very very intense :O

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie I can't wait to start this series based on your comments I'm looking forward to it!

Blacky *Romance Addict* If you like romantic suspense then it's for you :) Once I start the book I can't seem to stop reading mwahahah so interesting :)

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Romantic suspense is right up my alley! Maybe I will start this one after I finish the Dark-Hunter series. We shall see...

Blacky *Romance Addict* OK :D Hope you like it :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh yes! Incredibly interesting! Won't stop till I finish this series, it's so good :D

KindleRomance Reviews Excellent review!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Excellent review!"

Thanks Kris :D

Paula Oh girl! I love this series so much. I devoured it in a month. Have you read Show No Mercy yet? Best if the black ops series hands down. :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Nope I'll be reading it after i finish with the Bodyguards :D

message 16: by CeCe (new)

CeCe I love your reviews for these books. :) I am saving to read them over my time off over Christmas.

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sounds like I need to bump Cindy Gerard's books up on my TBR list.

message 18: by Dd (new)

Dd No Blacky,I hope you're not mental bcoz I do it all the time!hehehe!Great review!!

3 cheers for CG!!:D

message 19: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review and glad you're enjoying your new adventure into R/S!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Christine wrote: "I love your reviews for these books. :) I am saving to read them over my time off over Christmas."

Thanks Christine :D I hope you like them :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Nicole wrote: "Sounds like I need to bump Cindy Gerard's books up on my TBR list."

Oh yes indeed! Bump her :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Dd wrote: "No Blacky,I hope you're not mental bcoz I do it all the time!hehehe!Great review!!

3 cheers for CG!!:D"

LOL Dd! Thanks :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Jill wrote: "Great review and glad you're enjoying your new adventure into R/S!"

Thank you Jill :) I most certainly am :D so fantastic <3

message 24: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina I so love love reading your reviews, besides from being quite informative they are incredibly emotional and entertaining! great review!!!

message 25: by Kelly22 (new)

Kelly22 Superb and very enjoyable review, Blacky :)

message 26: by Susan (susayq ~) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) I need to get back to the Black Ops series. I've heard that the Bodyguards one kind of leads into the BOIs.

KatLynne Great review Blacky and love your images!:)

message 28: by Karla (new)

Karla GAAAAAHH! Don't do it Blacky, don't read out of order...I'm twitching. LOL! Nice job on the review kiddo!

message 29: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Great review! ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Gina wrote: "I so love love reading your reviews, besides from being quite informative they are incredibly emotional and entertaining! great review!!!"

Blacky *Romance Addict* Kelly22 wrote: "Superb and very enjoyable review, Blacky :)"

Thanks Kelly :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Em - everybody's got a dark side ;) wrote: "OMG do I need me another series of books to read .... hell yeah with a review like this ;)"

Oh Em :D These are so very interesting! BUT, not very high on the steam level. It's mostly just chemistry bursting all over hahahah but I so freaking love it :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Susan (susayq) wrote: "I need to get back to the Black Ops series. I've heard that the Bodyguards one kind of leads into the BOIs."

Yup, that's why I started with this series first :D Not complaining now, it's wonderful :) Can't wait for the Black Ops, I hear that is even better :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* KatLynne wrote: "Great review Blacky and love your images!:)"

Thanks KatLynne :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Karla wrote: "GAAAAAHH! Don't do it Blacky, don't read out of order...I'm twitching. LOL! Nice job on the review kiddo!"

LoL! Thanks Karla :D And sorry, but I have to! My brain is going to malfunction if I don't read the last book now. Crazy I know, I simply HATE skipping, but I can't help myself *facepalm*

Blacky *Romance Addict* Miranda wrote: "Great review! ;)"

Thanks Miranda :)

message 37: by Glamdring (last edited Dec 04, 2012 08:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Glamdring Great review, Blacky! I love the pics :)
Do you know that her Ops series is even better than this one? :)))

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks, and yes, I heard that :D Can't imagine it getting better cause I absolutely love these :D

message 39: by Richa (new)

Richa If you're mental to skip then I definitely am too.....there are some stories just too hard to resist to wait and read the ones in between!! ;)

Great review, Blacky!! Love the gifs!! :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Richa wrote: "If you're mental to skip then I definitely am too.....there are some stories just too hard to resist to wait and read the ones in between!! ;)

Great review, Blacky!! Love the gifs!! :D"

Thanks Richa :D It's just that I'm so against it usualy, but now.. can't resist :) But I'll go back to 4 and 5 as soon as I finish this one :)

Baba  Hehe...fab review, Blacky! I'm sure you'll like Gabe too. Yeah, I know it's all about Amy and Dalls but watch out...the guy is HOT!!!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Baba :D Can't wait to meet him! The girl from Gabe's book was already mentioned, yay!

message 43: by Richa (new)

Richa Blacky wrote: "Richa wrote: "If you're mental to skip then I definitely am too.....there are some stories just too hard to resist to wait and read the ones in between!! ;)

Great review, Blacky!! Love the gifs!! ..."

Hope you enjoy the 6th one too!! :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh I know I will :D I simply know :) The couple is too good to make the book anything but amazing <3

Baba  Blacky wrote: "Thanks Baba :D Can't wait to meet him! The girl from Gabe's book was already mentioned, yay!"

Yeah, Jenna...Gabe and Jenna...yummy!

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh yay then you're going to love these! :D

JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) Lovely review. Going to have to check this series out.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Thanks Capri :D try it, it's really great! Well, at least for me :D

Paula Baba wrote: "Blacky wrote: "Thanks Baba :D Can't wait to meet him! The girl from Gabe's book was already mentioned, yay!"

Yeah, Jenna...Gabe and Jenna...yummy!"

OH yes, I agree. I <3 Gabe.

Blacky *Romance Addict* Oh I can't wait to read their book!!

« previous 1