Pearls's Reviews > Under By Treaty

Under By Treaty by Kayla Stonor

liked it

I have to admit--I picked this book up for the cover. The idea of all that power being held submissively was intriguing to me. And that is what the book was about. I love military men, and here was a man making the ultimate sacrifice. This book has quite a twist in the plot that you will not see coming, which is a rare (and pleasant) thing for someone like me that reads a lot of books. I liked that the female character was strong--his equal, even, if not more. And the scene on the cliff was very touching, as she finally revealed her vulnerable side. It underscored that being submissive is truly a willingly voluntary act. She could not have forced it on the planet any more than on the General. But when given willingly, it is a beautiful relationship.I left the book feeling that there was much to explore on this planet, and so many more tales to be told. I think the reason for only giving it three stars is because I did not come into the story expecting a SciFi novel. But once I got used to that idea, I really liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under By Treaty.