Peter's Reviews > Eternals

it was ok
bookshelves: library, comic-graphic-novel
Recommended for: Neil Gaiman fans
Read in January, 2009

Neil Gaiman takes on one of Jack Kirby's creations for Marvel.

Despite the fact that these are two very big names, the biggest reaction I can muster is "meh". It was okay, but there was nothing that really grabbed me about it. Gaiman and the artist managed to squeeze the Kirbyishness out of it, without imparting anything particularly great or new.

It was okay, but that's about it. Nothing about it was particularly memorable; it didn't stay in my mind. In a fractional system I guess I'd give it a 2.5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternals.

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Neil Gaiman has produced absolutely nothing of worth since just before "The Kindly Ones" arc in THE SANDMAN and has coasted on his mostly well-deserved rep from THE SANDMAN ever since. Take my word for it and avoid all of his post-SANDMAN comics works. Flowery crap the lot of it.

Peter Steve wrote: "Neil Gaiman has produced absolutely nothing of worth since just before "The Kindly Ones" arc in THE SANDMAN and has coasted on his mostly well-deserved rep from THE SANDMAN ever since. Take my word..."

I believe you! But I'm pretty hard up for reading matter these days, and although Gaiman has fallen quite a bit in my estimation (I just finished 1602; the review will be up sometime soon), his stuff is still marginally better than all the other crap that Marvel & DC are inflicting on their readers.

I can't afford to buy graphic novels these days, so my options are limited to whatever I can find in the library.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve "his stuff is still marginally better than all the other crap that Marvel & DC are inflicting on their readers"

Be that as it may, a gilded turd is still a turd. Start reading the collected works of the Hernandez Brothers, namely LOVE & ROCKETS, but make sure to do so in order.