Crystal~BIG book addict~'s Reviews > Taking Shots

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo

bookshelves: ebooks

Five Huge Gorgeous Shea Stars!!

I absolutely loved this book. Shea is the captain of the Assassins hockey team in Nashville. He meets Elli at a team photo shoot where she is the photographer. He gets her to do the photography at party of his and things start to progress from there.

I thought Shea and Elli were so sweet together. Elli has to get passed her weight issues (yes, she is a fill figured woman). She got sick at 19 with thyroid problems and gained a lot of weight. She is very self conscious about her body and the way it looks.

"I ran because the thought of him seeing my stretch marks or feeling the fat on my tummy almost made me puke. I can't do it. He's so gorgeous, so amazing, I'm not that. I'm not skinny or super duper pretty. I'm kinda squishy..."

But Shea won't let her got that easily. He wants Elli...

I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend."

He's just so damn sweet.

Elli's family, except her father, are absolutely horrid to her. When Shea meets them, her evil and bitchy mother and sister talk about how much weight she gained, all of what they see as her failures, just humiliating her. He was so damned sweet to her about everything. I want a Shea for myself!!

I never loved myself until I met you" ~Elli

These two were just so perfect. One of my favorites couples.

I was meant to walk this earth with only you, I was meant to give only you every piece of me. I don't want anyone but you. I love you." ~Shea

This is a great series! Read it people!!

*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taking Shots.

November 7, 2012 – Shelved
November 7, 2012 – Shelved as: ebooks
November 29, 2012 – Started Reading
December 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Crystal~BIG book addict~ ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "great review Crystal!"

Thanks lady!! :O)

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Fabulous review Crystal!! Barb is gonna love this-she's a hockey slut-haha!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Deanna ❤Pink Lady❤ wrote: "Fabulous review Crystal!! Barb is gonna love this-she's a hockey slut-haha!!"

LMAO! Thanks!! This whole series is really good IMO.

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Being from Texas-not a lot of hockey play!!! But I do appreciate a hot hockey player ;-))

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Any sport with hot sweaty bodies, I'M THERE!! LOL!!

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ Crystal~just another book addict~ wrote: "Any sport with hot sweaty bodies, I'M THERE!! LOL!!"

Oh yea girlfriend -right there with ya-haha!!❤❤

Catarina Great review, darling <33

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Catarina wrote: "Great review, darling <33"

Thanks Cat!!!

message 10: by April (new) - added it

April Abrams Great review!!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ AprilA wrote: "Great review!!!"

Thanks AA!! :O)

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen This book looks good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Great review, Crystal.

message 13: by Vashti (new) - added it

Vashti Lovely review Crystal!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Kristen (Peddler of Smut) wrote: "This book looks good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Great review, Crystal."

Thanks Kristen! Hope you enjoy it!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Vashti wrote: "Lovely review Crystal!!"

Thanks V! :O)

message 16: by Yona (new)

Yona Wonderful review :*

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Thanks Yona! <3

message 18: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Fab review Crystal! This sounds like a unique read! It's rare that the female MC isn't the 'most beautiful' woman ever.

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Sandra wrote: "Fab review Crystal! This sounds like a unique read! It's rare that the female MC isn't the 'most beautiful' woman ever."

Thank you! I have loved this whole series and can't wait for the next book to come out.

• Lisa • I loooove this series!! Great review x

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Lisa Jayne wrote: "I loooove this series!! Great review x"

Thanks LJ! I can't wait for the new one to come out! It's almost here :O)

• Lisa • Is it December? I'm soooo excited to read it I feel like I've been waiting forever!!!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Lisa Jayne wrote: "Is it December? I'm soooo excited to read it I feel like I've been waiting forever!!!!"

Yes, December 9. I know, I am getting inpatient :O)

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Crystal x