Melanie's Reviews > Got Me Looking

Got Me Looking by Casey  Cox

F 50x66

fantastic Romance,totally satisfying

Rating: 4.75🌈

Vet Shop Boys is a series that I adore. Each vet and their search for their HEA is layered and emotionally satisfying. And I’ve said with each book, it’s my favorite.

Sigh.

Got Me Looking, the third in Casey Cox’s Vet Shop Boys series is my favorite.

Casey turned two characters I wasn’t entirely sure of into two of the characters I can’t get enough of. It’s as though they’ve been kept purposely a tad out of focus for the last two books, just waiting for the author to pull them both into her narrative spotlight and make them heartwarmingly brilliant.

Gus, the owner of Vet Shop Boys Vet Clinic and recently dumped groom, has been a very lovely but secondary personality so far. Here Gus is revealed in all his joyous layers! His love of daytime tv, his dancing, the pain and loss of his first love, everything is finally exposed. The man is a huge wonder but missing someone and incredibly lonely.

Tate is a smart influencer and cammer on 4Fans Only who’s now trying to find a publisher for Gus story. He’s also someone who “sparks” with Gus when they get together with their mutual friends. Tate’s childhood has been one of constant parental marital struggles, leading him to believe that monogamy isn’t the best lifestyle, especially for himself.

Gus is 20 years older and a monogamist. While as someone who’s pan, the age difference isn’t a factor, Tate identifies as poly.

This story of how their romance begins is so sweet, and sexy yet so grounded in the issues that keep people stuck if they don’t communicate. Gus and Tate talk, think, communicating through obstacles big and small, perceived and actual, to find their way to each other.

How wonderful. How adorable and adult.

While I don’t have favorite couples here, no, really, Gus and Tate come close. But really with Fulton wearing a “I shih tzu Not” t-shirt, how could I ignore him and his honey? It was fantastic having everyone involved here, including Tyler the newest Vet.

There’s another story in the works but nothing on title or release date. I’ll be waiting!

Until then, I’m highly recommending Got Me Looking (Vet Shop Boys #3) by Casey Cox. Not familiar with this series? Start at the beginning! I’ve listed them below. Each one is a gem!

Vet Shop Boys series so far:

Got Me Hoping #1
Got Me Wishing #2
Got Me Looking #3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Got Me Looking.

January 25, 2022 – Started Reading