Melanie's Reviews > Ride or Die

Ride or Die by Beth Bolden

F 50x66

This is a wonderful story, full of romance, laughter, and some angst.

Ride or Die wraps up Beth Bolden’s Food Truck Warriors series. It’s a outstanding way to say goodbye to a great series and group of men and their partners.

Part of a interconnected universe that includes Kitchen Gods and Star Shadow, it’s hard to say if this is a complete goodbye as Bolden’s characters have a way of popping up in future stories. But if we don’t see everyone again, this is a remarkable sendoff.

Ren Moretti, the gorgeous chef of the one night stands, has met his match in Seth Abramson, security and former soldier, who’s looking for a long term relationship, not a hookup. No matter how hot the chemistry between them.

A two person pov means the reader is in Ren’s increasingly frustrated, and stymied head as he’s confronted with someone he wants who obviously wants him back but won’t have sex with him. It’s never happened before.

As the steam builds within him, so does the hurt and questions. Ren’s entire ability is shaken.

I love Bolden’s writing and characters because she’s able to make us feel that we’re there in their world with them. And when things , their perspective is being given a good toss up, we are there looking over their shoulder, a part of every minute of their growth and baby steps forward.

Seth has his own issues to work through. It’s not just how to reach a man seemingly committed only to not being committed to anything but his cooking but there’s something lurking in Seth’s history too.

How these men work through their individual issues to have a relationship that works and is one we all celebrate is a wonderful story, full of romance, laughter, and some angst.

At the end, Bolden pulls everything and everyone together for one huge anniversary party. All our couples. No loose ends. We get a marvelous and fantastic way to see everyone and say our goodbyes.

What a great run this has been. I’ve loved every story, each couple and romance. Hard to believe it’s over.

Ren and Seth are a great couple and their story makes for a fantastic finale.

I’m highly recommending Ride or Die and this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ride or Die.

January 25, 2022 – Started Reading