Melanie's Reviews > Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect by Aimee Nicole Walker

F 50x66

highly recommended, memorable characters, great storyline

I wasn’t aware when I started the Sinister in Savannah series that each novel would feature one of the three men and close friends who run the podcast of the same title as this series.

All three books have Savannah as their atmospheric and historic heart. The series also has the formidable and magnificent Miss Marla as its heart, for the men and the community.

After that first book belongs to Jonas St John and his romance with Avery, along with an outstanding murder mystery.

The reverberations from that case carries over into Mr Perfect and Felix Franklin. Felix, an Investigative reporter, is and has been, due to their past history, at fierce odds with news anchor, Jude Arrow.

Another case brings Felix and the Sinister in Savannah team investigating local businesses, including one that brings Felix back into association with Jude.

Walker always points a microscopic lens towards whatever major character is involved in the story, peeling back layers to reveal the heart of the person beneath the facade or walls they’ve established. For Felix , it’s getting to see the damage done growing up extremely destitute with an unstable mother dealing with issues of addiction. A target for bullying, it left him , with no friends or idea of a home life. How he grew into the man he became is told over as their shared history is remembered.

The complicated mysteries, yes more than one, Felix and Jude’s emotionally fraught reunion, … it’s all folded into a tapestry of warm community stories, the main one being Miss Marla.

We are always aware that the clock is ticking down for that glorious person and every time Miss Marla is with us on the page is something to be savored.

That’s how real everyone feels here.

Aimee Nicole Walker doesn’t paint her narratives in black and white but in tones of greys and washes of color throughout the spectrum of the rainbow. It takes into account both life’s fragility and strengths, where people fail and where they struggle to pick themselves back up again.

There’s another connecting series to this so once finished here I’m onto that one.

But I’m not done here yet and neither is the author.

What a wonderful thing.

I’m highly recommending Mr. Perfect and Sinister in Savannah.

Read them in the order they are written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Perfect.

January 22, 2022 – Started Reading