Kay's Reviews > A Virgin River Christmas

A Virgin River Christmas by Robyn Carr

bookshelves: 2012-reads, contemporary, small-town

When I read books 1-3 last year, I was pregnant at the time. I had to stop since I wasn't emotionally able to handle some of the scenes, especially the birthing ones. Now, that my baby is 1 and my postpartum feels back to normal, I'm so happy to revisit Virgin River again.

This book was great! In the past books, we're use to reading about side stories and also POVs from previous characters. But this book didn't have that. We are fully invested in Marcie & Ian's romance while they encounter all the characters we love in VR. I loved reading about their emotional journey from the dark past to present and by the end, I was very happy with the outcome. I am picking up the next book immediately. I just want to immerse myself in a small town of hot men, strong women, Jack's bar and Preacher's cooking! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Virgin River Christmas.

November 5, 2012 – Started Reading
November 5, 2012 – Shelved
November 5, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 6, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-reads
November 6, 2012 – Shelved as: contemporary
September 30, 2014 – Shelved as: small-town

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

MelissaB Nice review! Isn't it funny how being preggers affects your reading? I couldn't read anything with violence or drama and now with a young baby I can't read anything where something happens to a child.

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay Thanks, Melissa! Haha...pregnancy affects reading and tv for me. In book 3 when (view spoiler) gah, I was an emotional wreck. I'm the same way about violence and kids...I can't handle that either. I guess that may be why I read so much fluff. LOL

message 3: by MelissaB (last edited Nov 08, 2012 10:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

MelissaB Kay wrote: "Thanks, Melissa! Haha...pregnancy affects reading and tv for me. In book 3 when [spoilers removed] gah, I was an emotional wreck. I'm the same way about violence and kids...I can't handle that eith..."

I stayed away from all types of miscarriage and other stories like that! I had issues with that in book 3 even before I had my son, I wish authors didn't put that type of thing in books, I try not to knowingly read books with those themes included.

I like these books but I also feel like I am being lectured about endless "lady issues" by Mel.

message 4: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay Hahah...I can see why you'd feel that way about Mel. She does have a lot to say about the woman's body.

I usually can handle stories with miscarriages but the fact that the whole scene was written with much more detail than I expected had me freaking out!