Rebecca's Reviews > Band of Demons

Band of Demons by Rob Blackwell

bookshelves: from-author, for-review

Rob Blackwell blew me away last year with his first novel in the Sanheim Chronicles series, A soul to Steal. I can remember reading A Soul to Steal late at night getting totally creeped out by every little noise I heard, but I just could not stop reading because I had to know how it was going to end. Then when I finished I knew I had to continue this series.

I was so excited when Rob contacted me about Band of Demons! As it got closer to the time I was going to start reading it I got the *oh know, what if it’s not as good as book one woes.* Does anyone else do that? Anyway I soon found out that I had no reason to worry.

What I loved:

OK, so for many of us who read all the time by about half way through the book you are reading you have a good idea of what is going to happen. Band of Demons kept me guessing! Especially in the case of the character, Kieran. Kieran drove me insane! (but in a good way) I could not decide if he was good or bad, and he really kept the story line going. I also loved the continuing growth of Kate and Quinn. These two are doing all they can to learn what is happening to them and how to use their new abilities, but they have the obstacle of not many ways to research.

Oh, have I mentioned how intense this was! Rob does an amazing job of building the story. I looked up at one point after I started reading and realized I was half done. Between the action and the (crap, what is going to happen next) suspense, I could not put it down.

This is the perfect Halloween read!!!

What I didn’t like:

The ending! No, I’m not saying the ending sucked. The ending was a little on the epic side, but HOW am I supposed to wait another year to see what happens next???

Happy Reading Everyone,
Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Band of Demons.

Started Reading