Melanie's Reviews > Stop Kidding Around

Stop Kidding Around by Macy Blake

F 50x66

amazing story and series

Rating: 4.5 🌈

Stop Kidding Around is the second book in Macy Blake’s Magical Mates series and it’s another winner. It gives us plenty of drama and action while still managing to remain focused on a developing small family group , formed by a human teacher and three wolf shifters, two of which are adorable children.

Toby Sanders, the teacher, is such an amazing new character. He’s one of the two povs the story is told from and his is the most refreshing and hilarious. As a human with no idea the supernatural world exists, Toby’s introduction is abrupt and his reaction is everything!

Can we relate? Why yes we can!

For me, Toby’s perspective and character just makes this book. Macy has written a honest, personable, highly intelligent man who’s still hesitant to believe in love for himself. I absolutely Toby. He’s so relatable.

Watching him communicate and open up himself to others and being a part of a family and pack? Incredible.

Brook , the wolf shifter who patiently talks with Toby, communicating the new world around him, and their mate bond? Just as amazing and beautiful.

So too the little girls/wolf shifters, Marigold and Daisy.

There’s other important characters in play here. Most have been referred to or have had huge parts to play in other stories, their own or others in The Chosen universe. Some like the orphan Jeremy , a big element here, might have an interesting future ahead. Just another reason I’m loving this series.

The only issue I had here is that with all the many storylines at work, when it came time to pull them all together, some felt a bit rushed. I felt as though I was missing some of the pieces of the puzzle for a few of the mystery segments at the end. The explanation didn’t seem to cover everything that occurred.

However, the romance, the mate bond, the communication ( a huge thing with me) the children, it made it just plain magical. Love this couple and children.

Magical Mates is a great addition to The Chosen universe and I hope it continues.

I’m recommending both stories written so far! Red them in the order they were written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stop Kidding Around.

January 17, 2022 – Started Reading