Teena in Toronto's Reviews > No Time For Love

No Time For Love by J.B. Miller

Nov 04, 2012

liked it
Read from November 04 to December 13, 2012

Chatham has a lot on her plate ... she's a widow raising three young kids. She and her partner, Tom, run an advertising agency. Between working and dropping the kids off at school and picking them up again and getting coerced into volunteer duties at the school, there's not a lot of time for Chatham.

On a whim, she joins a gym and is attracted to Palio, the cutie at the reception desk. He also feels a spark for her. Palio, unbeknownst to Chatham, is actually the owner of the gym ... and a member of a rich Italian family from New York.

Trip, her husband's best friend, is in love with Chatham and has been waiting years for the right moment to let her know. Needless to say, he's not pleased when it looks like Palio might be moving in on Chatham.

Palio wants to buy a painting for his dad from Georgina, an Italian vixen in New York with ties to the Mob who is trying to entice Palio into marrying her.

For various reasons, everyone ends up in New York ... and so begins a series of misunderstandings and coincidences.

I enjoyed the writing style ... it flowed well. The language at times was mature but I was okay with that. The ending wraps up pretty quickly with a couple of speedy immediate "I love you" pairings ... I must admit I found that part a bit unbelievable and too convenient. Plus considering they were in New York, they all kept running into the same cabbie. Really?

This is the first novel by this author and I'll keep an eye out for others by her.

Blog review post: http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2012/12...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Time For Love.