Richard Denney's Reviews > City of Glass

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Nov 03, 2012

Firstly, I just wanted to say that the way that this book ended, it doesn't seem like another 3 books were needed for the series. But I am going to read the next three just because I like the world and characters. And also as an author, I know what it feels like not wanting to let go of a story world so kudos to Cassandra Clare for having fun with The Mortal Instruments, it's her world and she can do what she wants. :)

Spoilers Ahead...

This is the third and was supposed to be the final installment in The Mortal Instruments trilogy. But Cassandra Clare ended up adding three more and now it is a series. I really, really enjoyed this
book and I was freaking out when I found out that Clary and Jace weren't brother and sister after all. I thought that was a crazy awesome twist and I applaud Cassandra Clare for pulling that one on us. Now, we get on to Sebastard, that asshole, I liked how ruthless he was but he killed Max and I wanted him dead and he died!!... I think... I actually think he might be the new villain for the next three books, but we'll see. We finally get to see what Clary and Jace are capable of, but I think we got to see Clary's abilities more. I don't even recall seeing Jace's abilities utilized at all... maybe I'm forgetting something lol but I liked that we got more info on that.

I was happy to finally see Valentine get his ass whopped and now he's dead. He better stay dead because he was a weak villain, in my opinion. He was more like a Klaus (the vampire diaries) than a Voldemort. I was never scared of Valentine lol but that didn't mess the book up for me. I still loved it. I don't feel I really need to REVIEW this, because I suck at reviewing books but just know that I enjoyed it and I can't wait for "City of Bones" (movie). Now I need to BUY these books. I want them all in hardcover but that is going to be difficult, I will try.

thanks for reading and now I am onto starting "City of Fallen Angels".

-R.D.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Glass.

November 3, 2012 – Started Reading
November 3, 2012 – Shelved
November 4, 2012 –
page 30
November 7, 2012 –
page 60
11.09% "Hello, Sebastian. ;)"
November 11, 2012 –
page 130
24.03% "I still don't like Simon, but I'd rather read his parts of COG than Clary. She is just getting on my nerves."
November 14, 2012 –
page 200
36.97% ""Fine. Go ahead. Kiss me right now." ALEC WHY DIDN'T YOU DO IT!!!"
November 14, 2012 –
page 200
36.97% ""Fine. Go ahead. Kiss me right now." ALEC WHY DIDN'T YOU DO IT!!!"
November 14, 2012 – Finished Reading
November 16, 2012 –
page 300
55.45% "Max..."
November 19, 2012 –
page 420
77.63% "THE FUCK????????? \n HOLY SHIT I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW."

Devon She wasn't originally going to write more books. It was supposed to end there, but then she changed her mind I guess. I still haven't read the new ones, I don't really have a desire to...

Richard Denney Devon wrote: "She wasn't originally going to write more books. It was supposed to end there, but then she changed her mind I guess. I still haven't read the new ones, I don't really have a desire to..."

I would have liked it better as a trilogy but I like the world so I'll read the rest just for fun haha

Abrianna lol i just remembered the scene when Alec is kissing Magnus and then Maia goes: Are we supposed to do that too?

Richard Denney Abrianna wrote: "lol i just remembered the scene when Alec is kissing Magnus and then Maia goes: Are we supposed to do that too?"

I laughed and woke my dog up when that happened haha

Abrianna haha me too, that's what i love about these books. they are so funny

Claudia I totally agree with you about the ending. She really should have stopped, but I"m going to read on with the series.