Melanie's Reviews > Sugar and Ice

Sugar and Ice by R.J. Scott

F 50x66

outstanding couple, terrific story

Rating: 4.25🌈

I don’t know how I missed this the first time it was released but I’m all caught up now on a new favorite pair within the Arizona Raptors. That’s Tate Collins and Captain Vladislav Novikov. I do love me a Russian goalie ! If not Stan than definitely a Vlad!

Vlad with a potty mouthed parrot and a need to dominate? So hot. The scenes with Tate just about fog up the room. This is a couple who’s chemistry is wildly successful and off the charts because they are able to connect emotionally too.

Sugar and Ice is a story that I wish was actually longer in length because both characters have issues that could use deeper scrutiny as well as I just wanted more time with them.

For Vlad, he’s got a twin who plays professionally who’s as talented a hockey player as he is in Russia, along with the rest of his family. For a gay Russian , it’s safer politically, legally for his family in Russia for him to stay closeted. A sad and painful state of affairs.

For Tate, it’s a ex wife with mental health issues who’s determination to hurt him in the media that’s damaging him and his future.

Neither issue is examined to the extent it could be or as it was with Stan. With Tate , in fact, it was resolved extremely quickly. Both aspects of their pasts and story deserves a more detailed explanation.

However, this pair and their romance is so amazing that you take them to heart. I’d love a follow up novel after Vlad’s retirement. Or whenever. They are just that couple.

Colorado is a big character here and that’s because the next story is his. What a flamboyant, adorable man he is! Emu’s indeed!

Sugar and Ice (Arizona Raptors #4) by R.J. Scott and V.L. Locey is a terrific story with an incredible couple at its center.

It’s one I’m definitely recommending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sugar and Ice.

January 13, 2022 – Started Reading