Sheree's Reviews > The Mane Event

Jan 28, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: paranormals, erotica, reviews, read-in-2009
Recommended to Sheree by: Cindy

The Mane Event is a two-novella book, consisting of the linked stories Christmas Pride & Shaw's Tail. I was a little disappointed with this one on a whole after thoroughly enjoying Shelly Laurenston's Pack Challenge.
In Christmas Pride we meet up with Desiree, 'Dez' MacDermot & Mace Llewellyn, childhood buddies whose lives diverged for twenty years.
Mace, former Navy SEAL, & sexy specimen of lion shapeshifting perfection, is under pressure to resume responsibilities within his Pride. Dez is a flawed 'kick ass' NY cop & when these two meet again during an investigation into the murder of one of Mace's pride members, the chemistry sizzles.
The murder is a weak sub-plot; most of the action in the book is in the bedroom (or the shower, the stairs, the kitchen ... get the picture), with a brief but interesting 'Turf War' altercation between Lion, Wolf & Hyena species.

In Shaw's Tail, we catch up again with Brendon Shaw, a lion shifter injured at the end of Christmas Pride. Ronnie Lee Read is a wolf from the Smith wolf pack, asked to care for Brendon during his 'fever' & recovery. It's a sexy, fun ride as we follow the free-spirited Ronnie as she ditches her committment issues & wild lifestyle & moves from lust to LOVE with self professed King of the Jungle, Brendon. We also take a hilarious look at all the irritating & fascinating facets of family.
Shaw's Tale outshone Christmas Pride in character development & smoothness of plot, & I really enjoyed Laurenston's take on Pride and Pack dynamics in the 2nd story; for me it was just a far more enjoyable story.

There is plenty of Laurenston's trademark amusing banter, hilarity & comedic situations & at the risk of stating the obvious, plenty of sex in both novellas. Sex with lots of SIZZLE!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mane Event.

January 28, 2009 – Shelved
May 17, 2009 – Shelved as: erotica
May 17, 2009 – Shelved as: reviews
May 17, 2009 – Shelved as: read-in-2009
May 17, 2009 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Alaine (new)

Alaine Have you got these books? They sound fantastic!

Sheree Cindy from Mt Gravatt lent them to me, Mane Event & Pack Challenge, the one Im reading now. She loves them, erotic and bloody hilarious! Im sure you'll be able to borrow them next but I'll ask when I go in.